Basic training

S

Screw_The_Nut

It is true, because the powers that be have decided that we don't need a ferocious Army any longer, and instead settled for a bunch of faggots who are permenantly downgraded and bitch about every little bit of work they have to do. The British Army is dead, long live the Chav Army! Hurrah.... Where is the mess Webley?

It is true, because the powers that be have decided that we don't need a ferocious Army any longer, and instead settled for a bunch of faggots who are permenantly downgraded and bitch about every little bit of work they have to do. The British Army is dead, long live the Chav Army! Hurrah.... Where is the mess Webley?
Or because trashing lockers does naught but damage equipment and instill a culture of 'kit doesn't matter'.

And screaming in faces doesn't acheive anything. They just learn to go 'wooden'. And it in no way 'prepares' them for combat or anyother shite. That is achieved through respect (both ways) from training staff all through the solders career and constructive training.

Like i said, if you say so.
Errr right...you see here's the problem.

Your grammar was incorrect and then you tried to pretend it was deliberate, now you are being a patronising never served middle class mong and if you really had meant to use the word "troop's" then you would have done so in the first place as the term "staff" in that particular context is a singular just as "section" or "platoon" or "troop" would be.

Mong.

D

Dreamseller

Errr right...you see here's the problem.

Your grammar was incorrect and then you tried to pretend it was deliberate, now you are being a patronising never served middle class mong and if you really had meant to use the word "troop's" then you would have done so in the first place as any one who served knows the term "staff" in that particular context is a singular just as "section" or "platoon" or "troop" would be.

Mong.
No, i'm just not interested in getting into a boring and rather pointless discussion about it.

T

Taffd

I think the term 'staff', in the way it was mentioned, could be seen to be either singular or plural and thus, either 'is' or 'are' would be correct, although in most cases, 'are' would be more properly used.

Latest Threads