• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Basic Training

My cousin is joining the RLC soon, and leaves to start his training in September. Are there any essential bits of kit that he could do with that aren't on the usual joining instructions?

Thanks for any suggestions.

What's on the list?

When I joined up *cough* years ago all I ever seemed to need extra was boot polish, toiletries, brasso, dusters, washing powder, stationary, sewing kit, underwear and change to phone home.

The issue kit has improved since then so I can't see them needing any extra military stuff.

SUBBIES_BEST_MATE said:
My cousin is joining the RLC soon, and leaves to start his training in September. Are there any essential bits of kit that he could do with that aren't on the usual joining instructions?

Tell him to pack a very large sense of humour.

he needs to pack some bags of spark and enthusiasm.

:lol:

SUBBIES_BEST_MATE said:

He should have got a list of things to take, best thing i can think of is baby bungees as everybody nicks them off each other, Plenty of polish, few dusters and a bulling rag from silvermans, the rest will all come apparent.

SUBBIES_BEST_MATE said:

He should have got a list of things to take, best thing i can think of is baby bungees as everybody nicks them off each other, Plenty of polish, few dusters and a bulling rag from silvermans, the rest will all come apparent.

When asked by anxious parents visiting our depot of what their little darlings should bring, I always said, the most expensive iron and ironing board that money can buy, and only Kiwi polish.

Hope this helps.

Baggy.