Basic Training

Discussion in 'RLC' started by SUBBIES_BEST_MATE, Jul 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My cousin is joining the RLC soon, and leaves to start his training in September. Are there any essential bits of kit that he could do with that aren't on the usual joining instructions?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

What's on the list?

When I joined up *cough* years ago all I ever seemed to need extra was boot polish, toiletries, brasso, dusters, washing powder, stationary, sewing kit, underwear and change to phone home.

The issue kit has improved since then so I can't see them needing any extra military stuff.

3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Tell him to pack a very large sense of humour.

4. ....how about some Body Armour

5. Can he get humour issued on arrival, or ist that available through mail order?

6. he needs to pack some bags of spark and enthusiasm.

:lol:

7. He should have got a list of things to take, best thing i can think of is baby bungees as everybody nicks them off each other, Plenty of polish, few dusters and a bulling rag from silvermans, the rest will all come apparent.

8. He should have got a list of things to take, best thing i can think of is baby bungees as everybody nicks them off each other, Plenty of polish, few dusters and a bulling rag from silvermans, the rest will all come apparent.

9. Fijian phrase book?

10. When asked by anxious parents visiting our depot of what their little darlings should bring, I always said, the most expensive iron and ironing board that money can buy, and only Kiwi polish.

Hope this helps.

Baggy.