basic training track suites

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by arty90, Feb 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. where forced to buy them and wear them and they dont have any receipts same goes for sqn t-shirts
    surly it should be issued or a personal preference. or can we claim it back on JPA?
  2. I think I got that.

Welcome to the British Army. If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.
  3. Whats a track suite? Is it a room full of track suits? Jennixx :winkrazz:
  4. That's bad, I actually read it as suits :oops:
  5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I suspect you already know the answer but in case you don't it's:

No you can't claim back the cost of these items.

Is it right and fair that you are made to pay for items that you are ordered to wear? Probably not but on the other hand would it be right to ask the taxpayer to pay for them either? Again probably not but do you really want to do PT in the issue PT kit.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.
  6. Yes, that's right. In my unit the lads turn up for work whenever they like because they don't get issued alarm clocks.

7. do you even have a JPA login yet.
  8. Tell em to Fcuk off, if they wont pay then no way.

BTW pick up P45 on way to Train station
  9. That would be the smart, possibly leather, 3 piece suite, consisting of 2 chairs & a settee no doubt? :)
  10. Get used to it every time you get a new posting you'll have to fork out for a new sqn t-shirt for PT. My units currently doing phys 5 days a week so you need at least 3 of them
  11. If you live anywhere near me, theyre a good investment cos you get to wear them every day. by seven and ull only need to do one wash a week. Jennixxx
  12. Like stable belts and other items deemed necessary for unit wear, you could go down the 'It ain't issued, so I ain't got it!' Route.

Check 'lifesabummer's post no 8.

Check also 'Barrack room lawyers' in arrsepedia.
  13. ...and a big leather poof.
  14. Dale Winton???? ;-)
  15. Dale Winton in leather...burn my eyes with lye....and damn you for putting that image in my tiny brain :-(*)