basic training track suites

where forced to buy them and wear them and they dont have any receipts same goes for sqn t-shirts
surly it should be issued or a personal preference. or can we claim it back on JPA?

C

cloudbuster

I think I got that.

Welcome to the British Army. If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I suspect you already know the answer but in case you don't it's:

No you can't claim back the cost of these items.

Is it right and fair that you are made to pay for items that you are ordered to wear? Probably not but on the other hand would it be right to ask the taxpayer to pay for them either? Again probably not but do you really want to do PT in the issue PT kit.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

where forced to buy them and wear them and they dont have any receipts same goes for sqn t-shirts
surly it should be issued or a personal preference. or can we claim it back on JPA?

do you even have a JPA login yet.

Tell em to Fcuk off, if they wont pay then no way.

BTW pick up P45 on way to Train station

That would be the smart, possibly leather, 3 piece suite, consisting of 2 chairs & a settee no doubt? :)

Get used to it every time you get a new posting you'll have to fork out for a new sqn t-shirt for PT. My units currently doing phys 5 days a week so you need at least 3 of them

Like stable belts and other items deemed necessary for unit wear, you could go down the 'It ain't issued, so I ain't got it!' Route.

Check 'lifesabummer's post no 8.

Check also 'Barrack room lawyers' in arrsepedia.

To be fair, your getting paid to train for a job that will get you minimum 17K a year. I'd say £20 for a tracksuit is a good investmemt!!

I managed to get through 6 months without getting a squadron t-shirt, granted I did highlight the fact I had sod all time left before I was out, and probably more importantly I'm a Yorkshireman.

I remember being given the choice and we were never forced to buy one.
You were given the choice to stay in uniform on a sunday afternoon or chill out abit in a Corps tracksuit (Which no-one ever wore again once they left Pirbright).

I remember being given the choice and we were never forced to buy one.
You were given the choice to stay in uniform on a sunday afternoon or chill out abit in a Corps tracksuit (Which no-one ever wore again once they left Pirbright).
We were given a choice too. Sign here, press hard, 3 copies or **** off. You want to join our Corps, you wear the tracksuit.

Oh and Chef, regards to your 'Barrack room lawyers' quote. Go and make us an Egg Banjo you cnut.

Here endeth the lesson.

I love option of Stay in Uniform on Sunday or where Tracksuite, I think anyone want wear trackies on Sunday after being stuck in dam uniform for 6days!