Basic training question over shoulder injury

Reaches for popcorn...

Anyone help or advise son starts basic on 13 feb ..picked up a shoulder injury in the gym ...scan shows nothing ...does he still go
Site Issues? Might be better posted in the Recruitment thread. Perhaps a kindly Moderator will move this for you. @Sixty

Dear @Offendi
You have form for helping out in the recruiting threads I believe...

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yes it still hurts ..been a delay getting an appt for hosp ...suppose he will av to ring them and delay it then
I think it is probably advisable to have a chat with them and see yes..... if its causing him pain at the moment then its not giving him the best chance of passing basic is it....

Maybe, and I know this is a radical thought, but hear me out...

Just maybe it might be better to ask the Recruiter (or whatever they are called these days) instead of a load of Internet pixels?

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Moved to recruiting forum

Speak to your AFCO. An injury during training will not have time to heal and could get worse.

Worst that will happen is it gets worse during training and he might get pushed back a few weeks.

The process for this is seeing a physio, missing upper-body PT lessons, after he's missed it for about a week without any recovery he'll be put in a rehab(SWORD COY) company, seperated from his training team, and held there for a few weeks/months until he's fully recovered. At which point he'll be put back into training at the point he left. So if he was kicked out at week 5, he'll probably go back to a company/platoon/troop who are at about week3-5. This is not ideal, but you still get paid...

My advice is let him go, but make sure he lets his shoulder recover properly.

Edit: nevermind, my information is true for Phase 1 Pirbright, not for the foundation college.

Last edited:

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Worst that will happen is it gets worse during training and he might get pushed back a few weeks.

The process for this is seeing a physio, missing upper-body PT lessons, after he's missed it for about a week without any recovery he'll be put in a rehab(SWORD COY) company, seperated from his training team, and held there for a few weeks/months until he's fully recovered. At which point he'll be put back into training at the point he left. So if he was kicked out at week 5, he'll probably go back to a company/platoon/troop who are at about week3-5. This is not ideal, but you still get paid...

My advice is let him go, but make sure he lets his shoulder recover properly.

Edit: nevermind, my information is true for Phase 1 Pirbright, not for the foundation college.
This is the worst advice I have heard since, well anything from JohnG.

"Worst that will happen is it gets worse during training and he might get pushed back a few weeks."

or

It never heals properly and the aggressive training makes it even worse. Results in a medical board and discharge not suitable for further training. Now have a fucked shoulder and no job.

Latest Threads