Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Basic Training - Pirbright July/August/September

Status
Not open for further replies.

britisharmy1

Old Salt
Right guys,

Myself and 'mcmahon76' are trying to gather a list of recruits on the ATR Pirbright intakes on July/August or September, get your names down here and email addresses and we can get our own ARRSE group together, maybe even meet up for a few pints and a banter before/after basic.

Don't care if its junior entry/adult entry/male/female/shemale...(well...) let us all know, I understand ATCP is the HUB of all CMS SE recruits now, so there should be plenty of us, note down your estimated/confirmed date, name, age, sex, capbadge and whatever isnt giving away too much personal info or PM each other.

I have been through basic before and am more than happy to give you advise and a headsup, yes there are many people passed out on ARRSE who have alot more experience than me in the army, however they may have done basic training many years ago I done it last year and the difference in the training regime may have changed alot since then.

Thanks guys, and hope to hear from at least some of you soon. Glenn.

britisharmy1 said:
Right guys,

Myself and 'mcmahon76' are trying to gather a list of recruits on the ATR Pirbright intakes on July/August or September, get your names down here and email addresses and we can get our own ARRSE group together, maybe even meet up for a few pints and a banter before/after basic.

Don't care if its junior entry/adult entry/male/female/shemale...(well...) let us all know, I understand ATCP is the HUB of all CMS SE recruits now, so there should be plenty of us, note down your estimated/confirmed date, name, age, sex, capbadge and whatever isnt giving away too much personal info or PM each other.

I have been through basic before and am more than happy to give you advise and a headsup, yes there are many people passed out on ARRSE who have alot more experience than me in the army, however they may have done basic training many years ago I done it last year and the difference in the training regime may have changed alot since then.

This is not a good idea on an open Forum, if you must exchange email addresses do it by pm.You might not be in yet but PERSEC is still pertinent.

edited to add: Nor is it a good idea to give your email address, joining dates, etc, to someone that you do not have a clue who they are. No matter who or what they claim to be on here. Want to make friends with people on your course, then do it when you join and you know they are who they say they are. The recent incident on here of a septic journalist who has been claiming to be a recruit proves the point.

britisharmy1 said:
Right guys,

You mean that bit...

Waiting for my date for selection so im hoping i get the date asap and start basic july/august going as RA,Light Gunner.

Pukka said:
BA1 I start on July 28th at Pirbright for the AAC. Are you the same?

I just may well be yes mate, same capbadge same time :D nice to hear alot of different capbadges this time, usual its the same old RLC or infantry.... ill keep you posted when I get my date, Glenn.

How soon after passing ADSC did you guys get your start dates for Phase 1?

I passed last week (18th June), gave the ACIO a call the same day to say I'd passed and not heard anything since.

Should I be getting worried? As you can see, I'm an impatient fecker, but eager :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.