basic training (p45 ?? )

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ga_is_ea, Jan 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi im off to catterick 28th january, and on the kit list it says to bring your p45 but as i have have left school last year and went straight to college i do not have one of these, i think, do you no if i do have one even though i have not been at work, any answers would be much appretiated thanks...
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

just say that and you'll be fine!
  3. The P45 is just so they can pay your tax properly if you have been previously employed and dont sting you with emergancy tax taking more than is necessary.

If as said above you tell them that you have had no previous employment, you will use a default tax code and pay normal tax.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You shouldnt pay emergency tax, if no P45 exists as in no previous employment or an employer is too idle then a P46 I think can be filled out which gets you on the correct tax band almost instantly!
    Thats what happened with us as Juniors, almost all of us were straight from school and most of us paid no tax until we had been there about 6 months.
  5. The Army is your employer so if you don't have a P45 they will do a P46 for you so don't worry about it.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

In fact as a 16 year old I dont think any of us were even concerned about the tax.