basic training duration

#1
What is the shortest period of time possible to complete basic training, assuming there are no civve work commitments. :?
 
#2
As far as im aware its 3 weeks, 2 weeks at an atr and 1 week with the unit (this is usually done over 4 weekends i think) but there are 1 week fast track options. (well there was when i did it.)
 
#3
New system seems to be:

3 X Weekends RTD....Recruit Training and Development ( ?)

4 X Weekends Phase 1B

2 Week Duration Phase 1C

Then your local trade course.

I think thats it.....
 
#4
Yher your probably right its a while since I was in the TA.
 
#7
You'll find that all the areas are now, or should be running on tht every 2nd week end routine, where abouts are you based, north or south of the border?
 
#8
Our Battalion is using "big week" (think thats what it's called) as a better alternative.

About 95% of recruits got through it last September, a far better outcome than the usual RT weekends. I'm the only one left out of 40 from my RTs...

Our platoon went from 3 trained soldiers to near fully-operational in just 2 weeks.
 
#9
I'm assuming(Spelling) that Land are okay with this practice, I'm under the impression that all training (soon to include TAFS1) is to be undertaken by your RTC.
 
#10
reply to FFBOX

Im in the south east mate, i am joining as a specialist and i`m assuming my basic will be at grantham linconshire.

The recruitment process seems to be taken ages, sent forms back in early november 06 and am eager to get training. what unit and trade are you in?
 
#11
F.i.S.H said:
Our Battalion is using "big week" (think thats what it's called) as a better alternative.

About 95% of recruits got through it last September, a far better outcome than the usual RT weekends. I'm the only one left out of 40 from my RTs...

Our platoon went from 3 trained soldiers to near fully-operational in just 2 weeks.
What`s the big week all about soldier??? what unit & trade are you from?
 
#12
Praetorian said:
New system seems to be:

3 X Weekends RTD....Recruit Training and Development ( ?)

4 X Weekends Phase 1B

2 Week Duration Phase 1C

Then your local trade course.

I think thats it.....
In my experience, its every two weeks, but Phase 1B has to be done in 8 weeks, if you miss a weekend you have to go back to the beginning.

I think!
 
#14
Praetorian said:
Praetorian said:
New system seems to be:

3 X Weekends RTD....Recruit Training and Development ( ?)

4 X Weekends Phase 1B

2 Week Duration Phase 1C

Then your local trade course.

I think thats it.....
In my experience, its every two weeks, but Phase 1B has to be done in 8 weeks, if you miss a weekend you have to go back to the beginning.

I think!
this is not true mate you go to the training centre with the rest of the recruits from your sqn then just join the training recruits that started 2 weeks after you
 
#16
Cheers Jase, you beat me to it, Siggy, I'm in the frozen North & play with dinky toys.
 
#17
siggy said:
F.i.S.H said:
Our Battalion is using "big week" (think thats what it's called) as a better alternative.

About 95% of recruits got through it last September, a far better outcome than the usual RT weekends. I'm the only one left out of 40 from my RTs...

Our platoon went from 3 trained soldiers to near fully-operational in just 2 weeks.
What`s the big week all about soldier??? what unit & trade are you from?

3 PWRR [Infantry]

If you're with us then you'll probably be doing your basic 7 weekends at Aldershot. If you'd have joined around July/August then chances are you would have been on Big Week, which would have been all 7 w/kends in one go.

If your with the Engineers then I think you do a 2 weeker anyway.

As for 3 PWRR HQ-Company, it'll be the same as the Infantry only you'll do your medic/clerking/band/etc training after basic, instead of the Combat Infantry Course.


=FiSH=
 
#18
F.i.S.H said:
As for 3 PWRR HQ-Company, it'll be the same as the Infantry only you'll do your medic/clerking/band/etc training after basic, instead of the Combat Infantry Course.


=FiSH=
Or you can do Catterick and come to Patrols Platoon instead.. ;)
 
#19
Green_Homer said:
F.i.S.H said:
As for 3 PWRR HQ-Company, it'll be the same as the Infantry only you'll do your medic/clerking/band/etc training after basic, instead of the Combat Infantry Course.


=FiSH=
Or you can do Catterick and come to Patrols Platoon instead.. ;)

Aye - that's why I mentioned the CIC (which done at Catterick or even Inverness now :|) Bad enough travelling all the way to Catterick, let alone bonnie Scotland :D
 
#20
Praetorian said:
Praetorian said:
New system seems to be:

3 X Weekends RTD....Recruit Training and Development ( ?)

4 X Weekends Phase 1B

2 Week Duration Phase 1C

Then your local trade course.

I think thats it.....
In my experience, its every two weeks, but Phase 1B has to be done in 8 weeks, if you miss a weekend you have to go back to the beginning.

I think!
If you're 160(Sheep Shagin')Bde this is true. Oh yeah, you have to wait 4-6 months to do this as they offer a pitiful amount of these courses.

"Missed a weekend? Well sonny you'll have to show some commitment!"

"But my wife gave birth, I got married (long term planning and new training sylabus), I work shifts" etc, all cut no mustard, and rightfully so! Err, why are we undermanned again? FFS!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top