basic radio procedure protocol needed

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by redmenacemedic, Aug 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Working with a multinational/multi skill level construction team in the far east.
    Radio procedure at present, is a dogs din dins.
    A hash of multiple languages,come on back good buddy/rubber duck, and lound silences whilst the divi on air, tries to remember what he wants to say.
    add a healthy dash of folk trying to break in with their own important agenda(lunch time confirmation usually),and you get the picture.
    does anybody have a simple voice proceedure/radio use protocol that I can use.
    dont want to do an all arms sigs course,but a few simple proceedures will help.
    My medical team starts soon,and if I dont sort it out, it will be send three and fourpence,we are going to a dance very soon-and some poor sod will suffer.
    ex ramc medic
  2. Say all after Jamaica Ham
  3. Say again all after...

There, there old chap.

4. That is what i thought it would be, but the PDF linked above says differently, TB.

Or have i just been Wah'd?
  5. Roadster,

Hat, coat, taxi for one;

Is that because you, ' Don't want to be a bus driver in London town '?
  6. Did that plane ever take off ? Any pilots assist please.
  7. While I was working at Blackpool they had a rather simple system where everyone had to contact control to speak to another dept so it would go like this
    Beach 1 to control over
    go ahead
    beach 1 can i have talk through with beach 8 over
    control then put out the call being the only call sign with a big twig and there was no side chatter with people calling each other direct.
    On a good day though we picked up the taxi calls in ireland!!!