Basic questions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jay_bryce, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

I am looking to join as soon as I possibly can. I am sitting my BARB tomorrow, I am training but not as much as I possibly should be.

I have a problem being that my stamina is next to none. I can't run a mile and a half without walking brakes.

I am confident to score enough on the BARB to serve in what I want to serve in, but it's just motivating myself to work out, and increasing my stamina. Any tips from anyone on motivation and stamina would be much appreciated..

Thanks

2. just keep plugging away. slow down your running so you can run the 1.5miles without stopping and carry on doing it at least 3 times a week. you should build up speed and stamina naturally this way.

when you get to ADSC you should find you run quicker than you thought you could anyway as there's about 80 other people doing the run with you, whilst the instructors are watching you.

don't panic.

3. Thanks mate. It would be easier if I had someone to run with now lol.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Very very good advice. It may not seem like you're improving but if you keep at it it will come. Personally, I think if you follow the fitness poster the recruiters give to you you'll be fit enough to join any regiment or corps.

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

This question has been asked a multitude of times, use the search function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.