Basic Para...

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by numbered_3, Jan 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...As we all know, P Coy is a qualifying course to allow you to wear the BBC upon completion of basic para.
    I just want abit of jen on what other courses/tests allow you to wear wings upon completion of basic para.
    How would somebody serving outside of 16 AA Bde get loaded on to the course?
    There's afew Penguins in my Bn that are itching to get there jumps done.
    Cheers.
    -N3

2. Pass 'P' Coy, go to Brize, do jumps=Wings
    Pass Commando Course, go to Brize, do jumps=Wings
    Pass Sphynx Battery selection (R.A), go to brize, do jumps=Wings (I think!?)
    Go to Brize, do jumps=Lightbulb

The way things are going at the moment, no one is going to get loaded onto any Jumps courses, even Paras due to join their battalions are having to wait. Even if you were serving in 16AA Bde, your chances of getting on the course would be zero. Incidently when you say there are "some penguins in your battalion that are itching to get their jumps done", are you implying that the guys have got wings up or want to get the qualification?

Cheers Easy!

3. No the lads have done P Coy, But they feel like it was abit of a waste of time as they have fcuk all to show for it!

4. Probation 264 Sigs= Wings

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

As has been said on numerous threads, P Coy if you are not posted to an airborne roled unit is purely a personal interest thing.

Para courses are becoming rarer due to aircraft availability etc, and are saved for those that need them. The days of people getting on them for badge hunting purposes are long gone.

If they want to be airborne, apply for a posting to an airborne unit. If they just want to go parachuting, then sports parachuting is the way forward.

Duke

6. UKSF Selection, jungle and continuation go to Brize = wings
    148 Bty Selection go to Brize = wings

However, these days its a case of do any of the above, and then sit around waiting for a para course!