• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Basic Military Parachute wings and its origin

I'm doing some research on the Parachute Regiment and its qualification wings for a project and thought I would post this here as I am sure someone will have the answer!

I'm looking for information on the Basic Military Parachute wings and its origin, when was it designed or commissioned and by whom. Do the colours and wings design have a significance to the regiment it was designed for.
I know the origins of the SF wings and its design by Jock Lewis from WW2 and that they have the same qualification criteria but not the original Parachute Regiment wings. I have looked via open search and not having much luck

Thanks for any help :)

off topic slightly but why does everyone do uni/college/school stuff on the Parachute Regiment? how about a fresh approach like why the R.Irish wear a caubeen or the RRF have a used tampon on their heads (don's mk 6 un ally'd, non scrimmed helmet)

off topic slightly but why does everyone do uni/college/school stuff on the Parachute Regiment? how about a fresh approach like why the R.Irish wear a caubeen or the RRF have a used tampon on their heads (don's mk 6 un ally'd, non scrimmed helmet)
Wah? Because everyone knows that its only the parachute regiment and SAS who fight and win wars. All other regiments just do public duties you silly billy ;)

Latest Threads