Basic Item

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by humphries, Sep 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On my list of exercise equipment for Lichfield it says I need 2 metres of 20mm wide black elastic. Can anyone one tell me what this is needed for? and more importantly, where can I buy it from?
  2. Elastic hadn't been invented when I joined...., so I have no idea of its intended use but it can be used to secure equipment to your webbing and to stop things rattling when moving!

However, any haberdashers will help you, or the textile department in a large store such as John Lewis, Army & Navy etc. You might find some in one of the larger supermarkets, but I doubt it.

3. For your webbing instead of using a Bunggy or for your helmet so you can wear it whilst wearing your S10 respirator . Trouser twisters . Just a few ideas.
  4. The elastic can be used as a kind of quick-release chin strap. You sew it on to the front of your kevlar cover, so when for example you get bumped on excercise you just pull the elastic down under your chin instead of fiddling around with the chin strap.

Cheers Easy!
  5. It will probably be used for cam and concealment - you shove foiliage/grass into loops of elastic fot the authentic walking bush look