• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Basic/Combat Infantrymans Course

#1
Alright lads,

Just a question with regards to training. I understand Guard and Parachute regiments are separated from other infantry regiments during training. Is the training for the Guards regiments slightly different (apart from the two weeks extra drill) or is it basically the same?

If it is the same why are the regiments separated?

Cheers
 
#2
It is the same syllabus, but obviously the Guards do more drill and Para's do more physical training. Initial Training Group (ITG) set the course syllabus and has set Training Objective's/Exercise Objective's(TO's/EO's) these are not deviated from.
 
#3
paras at vimy do 88 pt sessions in 26 weeks, the rest until recently did 44, now with the new programme its 66 i think.
 
#5
The cms has about 3 pt sessions a week, take a couple out for ex and adventure training, thats about 30 lessons in 14 weeks, im sure infantiers would do alot more then 44.

But then there varying degrees of pt i guess, they work harder.
 
#7
just going by what the platoon sergeant told us, cause the new pt programme was introduced when we were in week...9 i think
 
#8
that averages at less than 2 a week

we had at least 3 pt sessions in the gym, plus battle PT/tabs/assault course/steeplechase etc

all adds up to more than 44 without a doubt
 
#9
RWG1 said:
The cms has about 3 pt sessions a week, take a couple out for ex and adventure training, thats about 30 lessons in 14 weeks, im sure infantiers would do alot more then 44.

But then there varying degrees of pt i guess, they work harder.
3 pt session?

my timetable is like 4 or 5 a week every week during the cms r IIRC
 
#11
sjm88 said:
just going by what the platoon sergeant told us, cause the new pt programme was introduced when we were in week...9 i think
if i remember rightly the new course programme come into place just as i was leaving

april ish
 
#12
finally came in in middle of october - still dont think we do enough pt, usually 1 circuit training 1 tab and 1 run a week, occasionally a steeple chase/assault course thrown in
 
#14
sjm88 said:
finally came in in middle of october - still dont think we do enough pt, usually 1 circuit training 1 tab and 1 run a week, occasionally a steeple chase/assault course thrown in
You've got to be joking.
 
#16
Chris_2oo6 said:
that averages at less than 2 a week

we had at least 3 pt sessions in the gym, plus battle PT/tabs/assault course/steeplechase etc

all adds up to more than 44 without a doubt
actually you will find you didnt and heres another 1 you might not like if you added up all the miles you did on pt runs it came too the grand total of 13.5 yes thats 13.5 not 135



ps you didnt tab you bimbled :wink:
 
#18
yea chris the climber, its just 1 endurance run, 1 battle pt, 1 strength and conditioning, all lasting about 1h 20mins. Somtimes they do a sport on a saturday.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#19
Whats all this "Combat Infantrymans Course" Shoite, dont tell me if you read the guardian you can be a non combat infantryman?
What happened to closing with the enemy and fixing bayonets in the FUP? Wasnt Infantry training all aboit combat or were we supposed to have rubber guns?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top