Basic Close Combat Skills (BCCS) Instructor Course

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Arrse_onist, Jul 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Has anyone got experience of the All Arms Basic Close Combat Skills (BCCS) Instructor‏ Course (formerly B-Tac) held at Brecon? Im looking to get on the Feb 2012 course and my PSI and Squadron seniors dont as yet have any info on the course and they dont know anyone who has already been on the course. Any info would be greatfully received.

Rich

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spoke to the SASC guys in IBS when I was up there earlier this year, they called it "mini-brecon" as it involved lots of running shouting and firing your rifles

Essentially its 2 weeks of setting up and running various Battle Lessons and Exercises

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers tears, i'll check that out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Completed the course in June. Very good learnt a lot. Instuctors were first rate. No bulls**t. The course is designed to teach you how to plan and conduct BE's & BL,s. There is a live firing package and you'll receive the M qual at the end. My advice would be work on your fitness. You'll be taught all you need to know and more on the course

• Like Like x 1
  5. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Have a word with Mrs Murdoch - she looks pretty handy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers Gideon, im a PTI so the phys shouldnt be too much of a problem. Forgive my ignorance but what are BE's, BL's and the M qual? Is there are range or SAA type stuff worth looking into before the course?

Rich

• Like Like x 1
  7. BL = Battle Lesson i.e. 45 min lesson on Section Attacks
    BE = Battle Exercise i.e. setting up the scenario that leads to a section attack, with CASEVAC etc

M Qual = SA (M) (07) = Qualificaton to Plan and conduct for blank firing activities with
    Infantry Weapon Systems and Pyrotechnics. i.e. The qual to do all the above with blanks

You don't need anything (apart from Sub Full Screw and DIT) but experiance in writing EASP/RASP could be useful, I have my B qual already, but its not essential, I'm hoping to get on the course in Nov, although not looking forward to running around being a man of advanced years so to say

• Like Like x 2
  8. Did it a few years back so may have changed but be prepared for a lot of crawling up streams. It's a pretty physical course. Good/bad thing, depending on your view, is that you are likely to be the only or one of the only TA soldiers on the course. JIs are on armynet, useful for the kit list and knowing what whts you should have when you tip up. It remains my favourite two weeks in my time in the TA despite the pain!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cheers Wellyhead, i dont envy your position, im lucky enough to be doing this early in my career. If you get on the Nov course i would really appreciate a heads up in advance of the Feb course.

Emperor, sounds good to me. Im not very familiar with Armynet, any chance of a link?

Cheers

Rich

• Like Like x 1
  10. I did it in Mar this year and was hard graft at times ....

Good cse but never used it since and probably never will

• Like Like x 1
  11. Because the course itself is irrelevant or because your unit doesn't require it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mostly the later but you don't get any special quals from the cse

• Like Like x 1
  13. So whats the point of sending blokes on it?

Genuinely asking here - i'm Infantry so doesn't effect me really but I thought the idea of genning Corps lads up ref basic tactics was a good one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. It teaches how to write lessons and deliver up to sect level but it looks like my unit will be focusing 100% on trade and role from now

• Like Like x 1