Basic breaks

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by BChris, Feb 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was just wondering how long of break is there between Phase 1 training ending and phase 2 starting?

2. No matter which job you select, the answer to your question will only be answered when you arrive at your Phase 2 establishment - and maybe not even then. The aim is to keep the gap as small as possible, but it could be a number of weeks.

Tell us your proposed trade and someone might be able to better advise you!

Litotes

3. I'm going for 1 Royal Irish, so I'm doing my 12 weeks in Catterick, lucky me ( ! )

4. I imagine that Phase 2 courses will be fairly frequent and any delay for you is likely to be short.

Enjoy!

Litotes

5. Okay, thanks for the info.

6. Well when I finish phase 1 I only have a couple of days before I leave for Phase 2. It all depends, and as stated you'll find out nearer the time.

7. So what you doing for those two days? :p :p :p

8. I will be catching up on some much deserved wa*king...

9. Does that mean that C_R is just about to pass out? :D :D :D

Litotes

10. From all the wa*king? Yes, yes it does.

11. Not quite what I meant but I deserved the response!

Are you about to leave Phase 1 training and have you enjoyed it?

And, were you adequately prepared by all the "horror" stories on this site?

Litotes

12. Without seeming like a mentalist stalker;
    She hasn't started basic yet.

13. No as Rowums has rightly said, I haven't even started yet. I'm prepared for everything that's to come, good and the bad.

14. ...And when she's good, she's very very good, but when she's bad she's......awesome :twisted: :twisted:

15. Knowing the system as I do and the fact that no plan ever survives contact with the enemy (especially my plans for some strange reason), I assumed that if you knew the dates of completion of Phase 1 and the start of Phase 2, then you were close to them. If you haven't even started basic, take my advice and think in terms of those dates being flexible guidelines!

Good luck when you get there!

Litotes