Basic Battle Skills Book

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Baz44, Dec 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK on several attachements to Recruit Training over my many years I seem to remember there was once issued a Basic Battle Skills book for issue to recruits/ new soldiers. Does such a thing exist today?

I know there is supposed to be a new soldiers TAM with inserts but if I am right this will be a long time coming. Does the old book still exist and if so anyone got the stock number for ordering?

I produced a local version for an identfied gap in our training materials and got a b0ll0cking as it was not an official publication and may not be doctrinally correct (though it was lifted without interference from the manual!)

Apprecaite any advice on eth BBS book

Cheers

2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

There was the little A5 book with what looked like a cadet badly cam'd up on the front.....might still have mine somewhere...is that the thing you are after?

Probably way out of date by now...they'll have designed a new H&S approved method of crawling through the undergrowth by now.

S_R

3. I can do you a JPG version of the older copy.

4. EBAY!!!

5. Was issued mine in 1979 and still have it on my book case.

6. I have 2 copies 1 in a buff colour and drawings painted by a 1950s artist issued as a junior bleeder and another with dodgy colour pics and a bloke on the front who looked like my bravo mfc badly cammed up with the first OG PLCE on why I still have these is anyones guess

7. I seem to have "The Army Field Manual, Volume 1,The Fundamentals, Part 1, The Application of Force" sitting on the shelf here for no reason as well...... 8O

8. I know its nearly 3 years since the last post, just wondering if there is an NSN for this book by any chance ?

9. Don't know about a NSN but inside the front cover there is this: Code No.71090, A/26/GSTP/3504, if that's of any help.

10. Will try that, Thanks

11. Have you got Dii access?
    If not, ask someone who has to type, "Electronic Battle Box," into the search engine.
    It's a goldmine of all things DS.
    (prints in A6 too!).
    Dramas-PM me-but I'm not back at work till Mon.

12. I know

*taps nose*

13. I know you know.
    Remember though, you only know because I know that you know.