basic ability

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by mosh_monster, Mar 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. as an operator on mainly relays, i have noticed a huge amout of people some old and some new that are really strugling to lift some of the basic mast equipment i.e mast bags! to be honest im kinda fed up with always having to carry all the "heavy" stuff out the wagon, which im sure doubles our set-up time! surely at blandford we should start building the op's up so they can carry this stuff!
    on the flip side i've bin on a ex recently where my crewmen manage a scam on his own and we were up and running playing ps2 in record time. shd this not be the norm???????????????????????

2. i know exactly what your saying mate!
    i have the same problem with my crew at the moment! please god give me an as op that can actually lift a scam 12!!!!!

3. ps2 ps2 !! what about helping the other operators in loc?? or were you out in the ooolooo. what were you doing when your crewman was lifting a scam 12 on his own ? setting up the ps2 i bet

4. In my day..... and that makes me sound a lot older than I hope I am.... we used to have to put the SCAM12 on our own while the crew commander got the brew on and sorted out the back of the wagon. It was taken as 'how it was done' and if you had a problem with that, there was always the mast hammer until you got a little stronger. Most didn't need hitting with the mast hammer.

admittedly, it used to take 2 of us to put up the SCAM21 when it was needed, but it did weigh 120kg and even then I think one lad nearly got himself squashed trying to put it up on his own.

Needless to say, if you can't do the job you should bet in the back of a box-body sat at a keyboard like the 'handbags' used to.... stick to the job you can manage.

5. Its to do woth the society that is developing.
    You dont need upper body strength to operate you PS2 or computer.
    They dont make em like they used to.

6. Whats a scam12??? Can you jump with it???? Or is it harry kit????

7. You can blame equality and diversity b0llox.

Remember big guys are not about brute force and ladies about cups of tea!!

Some tw*t got rich out of that!!

8. Nothing to do with 'equality', as that would mean everyone trained UP to the same standard. For a start they would never have binned 'Gender Free' and replaced it with 'Gender Fair'.

9. daz

daz LE

here [​IMG]

Jump with it if you like, might be the last one you ever do :p :p

Daz

10. daz

daz LE

God, reading that you're making me feel old, the trick to carrying/setting up the scam 12 was to get the balance right before tottering off to the base plate, once mastered it was a piece of piss :lol:

and why are people using mast bags ??? they should only see the light of day during inspection, otherwise all the kit went into the side bins of the bedford........................... oh feck time to book into the bayside retirement home for the confused.

Daz

11. Blimey!!!!!!!!!

what on earth would you need something that big for!!!!! It looks like something out of a sixties bond film that throws out some sort of death ray!!!!!

Cant see it being attached to a sharks head though!!!!!!!

12. alright I'm from the fairey trade (Switch Bitch), SCAM 12 ??? Whats the big deal ???

I could lift two of the masts on my det at the same time :twisted: :twisted:

13. daz

daz LE

[​IMG]

Blimey!!!!!!!!!

what on earth would you need something that big for!!!!! It looks like something out of a sixties bond film that throws out some sort of death ray!!!!!

Cant see it being attached to a sharks head though!!!!!!![/quote]

Stick a band two antenna up and try and tune it into SSVC or failing that boxhead TV, handy for the footie :lol:

Anybody claims it's to get links in is talking bullocks :wink:

Daz

14. I know, the're not actually "that" heavy. I once knew a girl from Northern Ireland who could carry one on each shoulder. Big girl.

Bones

15. daz

daz LE

PU12 then i take it :wink: [​IMG]

Daz