Bashing Bambi

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by ugly, Jul 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Seeing how only mods can post blogs, I thought I would advertise my starting effort here:Bashing Bambi
    I thought it was time I explained my strange behaviour to other arrssers. I'm often tired and sometimes emotional, this is mainly down to summer stalking meaning I get out of bed at 0200 and often dont get back till 2300. I sometimes have been known to squeeze a whole days work in someone elses office in between stalks. I have decided to spend most of next month looking after my new pheasants. they are being delivered on Saturday next so I still have a lot of work to do. we will be managing the wood for both pheasant and deer. A new venture for us both!

2. Hmmm - not sure about the title of this one ..........

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its only fair after all those posts about Ugly blokes!

4. Fair do's. Up early tomorrow, hopefully there might be some rutting activity despite this carp weather.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was surprised how effective the buttalo was despite it being split. The Do was more curious than the Buck but he wasnt going to let her go!
    I tried a shot and must have deflected of an unseen twig. The Buck ran like it was shag time and some nasty bloke was trying to kill him. He will keep as I have a new client starting in 2 weeks!
    Going to be busy with the last day on the pen this sunday and the birds arrive next saturday. I have so much still to do.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The name by the way comes from my Google mail address!

7. Good calling this morning - 2 big bucks came in (left them) and one spikey 2 year old. He's in the chiller.

And I'd almost given up on the rut with this bloody weather!

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Excellent news, you using a Buttalo?
    I have to lay off the deer for a week or so, the pheasant pen is No1 Priority at the moment. A good day yesterday spent finishing the pen fence and hanging a gate, I ran the hose and waterer out but have yet to see our butt delivered. I'm hoping it will come this week. Police cordoned off the wood on Friday due to the local loonies dumping a body. If that doesnt keep the trespassers out then nothing will!
    I'll have to take a client out next week so I'm sure I'll go for that Roebuck again!

9. Combination of Buttolo & Hubertus (the one with the screw to vary pitch). Worked again for me this morning. Big plus - actually had roe mating in front of me - don't see that too often. Couldn't even bring myself to shoot him - well, would you like it if ........?

Haven't had any bodies dumped lately though ................

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Excellent!

11. Hope you got the place surounded with gin traps and snares for them pesky critters the fox, if not the next shooting season the cupboards will be bare.

Bloody townies.

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

An electric fence is on order!

13. Having seen how effective electric rabbit fencing is I wouldn't bother!

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not bothered realy about the rabbits but its fun to fry the local vandals. Everyone so far has recommended buying a fence as we have yet to shoot any foxes here. I may be out wednesday evening looking for some!
    Time to lamp and call!
    Edited to add that having chased rabbits in the rain onto the third rail and they just come out with a shake of the head and run off I'm not surprised that lecky rabbit fencing is worthless!

15. Fur is not a good conductor...