Basha advice?

Sorry i thought there was info on that page too. Its basically just a kind of poncho that packs up nice and small. Just wondered if people knew if it had any problems or knew a cheaper place to get one.

Beware PU coated. I don't know about this particular bit of kit, but PU coating has a habit of separating from the base fabric, so you end up with something that's not waterproof. You could re-proof, though, but the inside would remain tatty.

Is IRR an issue? This possibly isn't, being nylon. edited - forget this comment, didn't look at your username - not a problem for a cadet.

Henry_Tombs said:
Hmmm, booty_cadet your not related to 5.56 are you? :(
Nah. But if you're starting to miss him I'll post some top "tips".

edited to say: are you trying to say my grammar/spelling is bad? I'm insulted

putteesinmyhands said:
Beware PU coated. I don't know about this particular bit of kit, but PU coating has a habit of separating from the base fabric, so you end up with something that's not waterproof. You could re-proof, though, but the inside would remain tatty.

Is IRR an issue? This possibly isn't, being nylon.
Ahomygod! 8O

Nopes, don't really care bout IRR, I'm only a cadet. Most of us aren't that walty to get......whatever it is that sees IR.

I could suggest you look arround the surplus shops or e bay or may be your QMs if your sponsor unit gives you kit, and search for those plain green issue bashas, just like a poncho, with no hood in the middle, same idea with the loops and attachment points and although not dpm should not make a big difference to you..... and the advantage that if you have to buy it, the price wont be 25 Quid. I know there were a lot going cheap a few years ago as they brought in the DPM bashas and all the olive green ones went surplus. worth a try

It looks, tougher than the sass kit one. Do you know if the thing on the right of the picture is the thing it packs into?

Thanks, sorry we don't get issued those. We get issued the crappy 58' pattern ponchos. The problem is all the ones at my unit are starting to turn slightly yellow for reasons unknown. Which is the reason I'm looking for a new one.

You'll find it's because the PU coating is starting to come off - the PU turns yellow shortly before it blisters and debonds.

eaby issue bashas go for about 16 quid a green bash if you can find them just over a fiver but not many of them about

is it the DPM goretex basha you want? Baxters of yarm sell them, loads of holes , loops and what not, seems so much bigger than your issued poncho me thinks, £30 tho (ive got one better than ponchos hands down )

booty_cadet said:
Anyone ever used one of these before? They seem pretty good, they're big and pack small. If anyones used one and has anything to say on it, or knows a cheaper place to get one could you please tell me on here (cos I'm tighter than a ducks arrse and don't want to waste money).

http://www.sasskit.co.uk/products/militaryfoulweathershelters/superbasha.htm
I'm selling one for a fiver. I'll even chuck in a couple of bungees......

PM me if your interested.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sundog Military Clothing & Boots 1
B Weapons, Equipment & Rations 34
M Military Clothing & Boots 33