Baseline Personnell Security Standard

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ALFR, May 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If i've been abroad for the last 10 years will I pass the BPSS?

Ive no way of proving where I was, dont have any references. I've just been travelling and working.

I'm 24, went to high school in the US, but since then there'd be no evidence of where i've been.

I have no credit/bank account/work history in the UK.

Just wondering if this would stop me passing?

want to join the paras, got a 9:30 run time at the minute, gonna lower that soon, currently weigh 195 (89kg) and need to drop that to about 170 (77kg) so i'm sure droppin that weight will speed me up considerably.
  2. edited
  3. whatever happens good luck with getting in the paras mate :)
  4. cheers, my dad was a para so i think i know what i'm in for. brother is currently at welbeck, wants to be a para officer...bit of a para mad family i think lol.

and yes i know hes meant to go into the engineers, he claims to have figured out some way to avoid it...dunno
  5. H3

H3 LE

You've been smoking lots of pot haven't you !!
  6. lol not for 5 years or so, makes me paranoid now.
  7. does anyone know if being abroad so long would be a problem?
  8. You fat git .......... best gives the pies up
  9. It asks about residency in last five years and if you have not you have to say where you where etc, but to be honest the only way you will know is if you go the AFCO and at the same time explain your brother is welbeck etc, everyone's case is different some get told no, some yes.
  10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Use the search engine Fatty!!!
  11. He sounds as mobile as Jock the Waff, PRT
  12. cheers for the reply.
  13. p.s who's jock the waff?

p.p.s 9:30 is prob still faster than some of u lot, i'm a fast fatty :)
  14. They couldn't find any tank tracks when Pararegtom did his P Coy so Jock the Waff was tied to the stretcher
  15. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

is he still alive Sicky, saw a photo of him on FOC, and you would need a Big Streacher!!