Base evacuated after live missile arrives in post

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Quantum Leaper, Oct 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very poor drills by the AAC loaders/REME Techs who removed the pod, and poor reporting by the Telegraph. Wattisham has not been an RAF base for years, although there was an RAF Search and Rescue flight there not so long ago, which is probably still there.

2. :roll:

I bet you can't move for FFE chits there now.

3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Must be a poor news day,the storys two years old

4. The details have only just been released after a FoI request, I guess the MOD were trying to keep it quiet.

5. Meh, I recall driving into Halstead with a BL755 in the back of a Tranny…

'what's in the back' says Mod plod,

'a bomb'

'very funny'… opens door to look

Fastest I've ever seen those feckers move;P

6. msr

msr LE

No one has been disciplined due to the lack of evidence against any RAF individual.

Really? No-one accountable for any of the procedures?

7. Got to love the banner ad below on this thread!

8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Nope.

No-one in the RAF is responsible for any of the procedures.

9. He must've been a well-game Tranny to fit that up'im!

10. Absolutely brilliant story, well researched, concise and to the point... the man writing that story is obviously keen, intelligent and has an exceptional base of knowledge of military Aviation... Or answer B complete retard knowing absolutely nothing and sensationalising a bit of FOI paperwork he seems to have found...IDIOT!

11. Having been out of the game for many years.
    Just who is responsible for removing a 'Weapons Pod' ?
    Would have been the FRB's in my day, with 700 entries but now I hear tales that ALL aspects of Weapons are a ground crew job, which I would have though would also require 700 entries.
    Must be honest and say I am Gobsmacked that any live munition could be handled in this manner.

john

12. It'd give a whole new meaning to the saying " you were only supposed to blow the bloody back doors off" ^^