BASC offer £10 discount to serving personnel.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by EX_STAB, Mar 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

QUOTE=EX_STAB;3666413]I think they are better value than any other shooting organisation to be honest.[/QUOTE]
    I find the national gamekeepers org better and cheaper. I could just insure for £20 a year locally withiut the glossy mags but the NGO absorbed th assoc of professional deer managers which suits me at the moment

3. I find the national gamekeepers org better and cheaper. I could just insure for £20 a year locally withiut the glossy mags but the NGO absorbed th assoc of professional deer managers which suits me at the moment[/QUOTE]

Others have their partiular specialities but I think BASC has the best legal department. I must admit I don't bother with the magazines much.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

NGO has George Wallace, I rate him highly!

5. George? Know him of old. Nice bloke and stung by BASC imv

NGO for your basic insurance, fine. To get a police firearms dept to follow guidance, the law etc. I go for BASC. Only because George is a 1 man band and has his own unique style (being diplomatic here). Then again, there's 1 in BASC who has upset even more :)

Either way, £10 less per year, wohoo

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If I need a lawyer I have Adrian Dagger reasonably local. he is also an HBSA member and a thoroughly nice chap!
    I find that the NGO lobbies quietly and effectively without all the hype and an expensive communications building in Marford Mill (where and why?), they also tend to be to the point and more single issue over shooting and less caught up with infighting over departments such as caused the NGO to form away from the BASC and the Wildfowlers to move a motion asking to seperate a few years ago (bought out by having their own committee sweetened up). BASC often seems to ignore the ordinary members in favour of the driven pheasant brigade (I know they cant but its all about perceptions after all) although they are a lot better than they used to be but not a patch on WAGBI!

7. I agree, BASC too tied up on the 'driven game' front and as for the comms suite, why????? To give press briefings once every ten years? Waste of my money imv. NGO are good, but they don't have as much clout with plod imx. Then again, if you have an HBSA (loading from the proper end) lawyer, you wouldn't have a problem I assume.