Barrister Calls For Age Of Consent To Be 13

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, May 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Age of consent should be 13, says barrister (c) Auntie

I'm surprised that the barrister involved is a woman, and some of the points that she raises seem valid. But she has had her ideas kicked into the long grass by the NSPCC who call her out of touch and misinformed.
  2. Of course it's a woman.. a bloke wouldn't ******* dare, would he?
    • Like Like x 6
  3. "She's only 11 officer? I thought she was 13!"

So wrong on so many levels
    • Like Like x 9
  4. I agree with lifting the anonymity of rape accusers, but lowering the age of consent? She's ******* hatstand.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Think of the pulling potential.

1 x Car
    1 x £10 top up card

Off to school to pick up the girlfriend.

And if you pick a good 'un, you won't have to keep nagging her about waxing her minge.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I guess it would make her life easier getting BBC nonces off the hook.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I agree with you, except the authorities seem to have abandoned the idea of any age of consent, when was the last time a pregnant teenager's partner taken to court for underage sex?

As with soft drugs the police have abandoned enforcing the law in certain areas of sexual and drug related law breaking. This is the same police who trot out the excuse that 'They have to investigate and detain people when a complaint is made' and an OAP is arrested for something blatantly trivial.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I bet this woman hasn't got a 13 yr old daughter.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I think it's a bit different to teenagers of the same age experimenting and an adult having sex with a 13yr old, totally different.
    Young kids experimenting should have all available information and contraception available and less interference from risk of prosecution.
    • Like Like x 6
  10. Might have a shit of a 12 year old son though.
    She states that Hall's crimes were ' misdemeanours' wasn't one of his victims 9?
    When the offences were committed Hall would have been in his 30s-40s.
    A shame that a presumably intelligent woman should spout such utter bolleaux.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Positive side means I can go two's up on my son's girlfriend
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Legal or not, if any boys had tried it on my daughter when she was thirteen then the chances are he would never be able to reproduce after that!
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Many good reasons why the AoC should be flexible mind, the whole thing was brought in to stop child prostitution in Victorian times. NOT to stop teenagers shagging about. The 16yr old thing is totally arbitary, my guess why she's saying 13 is maybe to meet in the middle at 14/15.
  14. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

You're painting pictures with words.

And I wish you would stop.
  15. We should all remember that not all child abusing nonces are men , maybe she has an ulterior motive?
    • Like Like x 4