Barred from Clubs?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jimnicebutdim, Dec 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If anybody on here has a facebook account it has come to my attention that Chicago's in Kings Lynn have banned all servicemen!!!
    Click Here

Does anyone else have issues with local bars banning personnel? Is this even legal?

2. I cannot open FB at work, the fun police have stopped me!
    Have you phoned them up to confirm this? Or is it a group that has been started up by someone who is bleating about being chucked out?
  3. No the site is run by chicago's. They have stated that RAF personnel are banned from the premises, and this is confirmed by door staff. We do have one civvy (ex naafi) standing up for us though
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

How do they know?
    Unless you turn up in uniform ?
    If they say are you in the RAF say no if it means that much to you

Deny everything Baldrick!!
  5. In a town like Lynn it ain't hard to spot the servicemen. We are the ones without webbed fingers and all our teeth in place.

Plus they ID all young males, and if they spot your ID card you're off.
  6. Go somewhere else then, Chicago's is sh1t
  7. Clearly the little shite 'Toni' is a bloody student!
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Exactly - its not is if off duty blue jobs look military anyway...or on duty for that matter....
  9. still, you would though.
  10. indeed it is, but then you're left with Zoom (or whatever it's called nowadays) which is worse.

Servicemen are a piece of p1ss to spot in Lynn, they are the only normal ones. I have heard of individuals being banned from Chicago's, but it would have to be something severe for them to ban all servicemen - we are 75% of their trade after all!
  11. the_boy_syrup

Don't go purposely avoid it
    Once the profits start dropping and the birds go where the squaddies are the they will change their policy

Anyone remember being gated in '94 after the Jackets done the tour rep in Cyprus?
    Limassol was a ghost town and they soon wanted us back
  12. Lynn isn't exactly awash with alternatives.

Toni's replied back though, and she's got her handbag out. Methinks maybe someone in uniform abused her at one point, possibly anally?!?
  13. I used to get barred from Cheeks in Aldershot every Thursday night. They always seemed to let me back in the next week. They'll soon let you back in when they notice their profits plummetting.

Bars never realise that it's not just the Squaddie money they lose, but all the SCHs who stop going when there's nothing for them to feed on...

14. Goes without saying really :wink:

Tits? check
    Pulse? check

15. the_boy_syrup

I got thrown out of Nexusin York last year
    My mate kept the bouncer talkin while I ran back round to the front door
    Grabbed a bird paid myself back in
    Was back at me pint before my mate got back
    Adapt, improvise, overcome

Bouncers catch them out whilst they are dreaming of the balcony and disscussing their mate Lewis in Who dares wins :D