Barred from ARRSE

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by SelfLoadingRifle, Jun 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About two weeks ago, I logged onto ARRSE as usual, to be greeted with one of those access denied/site not recognised kind of messages... BUGGER. Had my trusty laptop been hijacked by the Norks or had Garry McKinnon hacked me in his ongoing search for little green men? On checking, I failed to discover any 'your security is crap' type of message concealed within my hard drive, nethertheless I did a complete anti-viral scan and ran Spybot for good measure. Nothing showed up. I then moved self plus laptop to my place of work (different I.P. address) and tried again... no dice... BUGGERATION. Last week, I tried again, this time from a completely different area (yet another I.P. address.) You guessed it, access still denied.... BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!!
    However today, quite mystifyingly, I find myself re-admitted to the hallowed portals of ARRSE.

Should I be barred again I would like to assure my fellow ARRSERS that despite the fact that I now teach in Moscow, I have ABSOLUTELY NOT been turned by the KGB. Also, despite the rambling and inane nature of my posts, I feel that I should make it absolutely clear that I am not tied up in any dastardly Commie plot to contaminate anyone's precious bodily fluids. I remain a loyal British citizen.

It's good to be back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kim - I thought you were dead!

How are Guy and Donald?
    • Like Like x 6
  3. KGB? they really should update your "Paid in by"... on your bank statement.
  4. My dear boy,

Guy and Donald - to coin a phrase - are sooo 'vieux chapeau'. That Snowden chappie is definitely the new flavour of the month now and rest assured I will be inviting him out to my dasha as soon as the jolly old Chinese have finished debriefing him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HHH

HHH LE

This may be the reason;
  6. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Next time I am in Moscow (and I visit frequently) then a beer must be shared in a cafe like Vanilla Sky or Cafe Loft or Gastronom No 1 but if we visit a sushi bar I will use polonium.