Barracks near Bristol

#4
On a course at the college and need a mess to stay in. Boss has said no hotel for me!! Was thinking I could find a park somewhere in city centre and basha up for a couple of weeks, but apparently that's frowned upon by the council.
 
#5
39 sigs TAC not far from Filton, maybe worth giving them a bell, or someone at Abbeywood may help you out.
 
#6
Zapped said:
On a course at the college and need a mess to stay in. Boss has said no hotel for me!! Was thinking I could find a park somewhere in city centre and basha up for a couple of weeks, but apparently that's frowned upon by the council.
JSU Corsham, about 45 mins from Bristol is the sigs place mentioned above, however, you'll be lucky to get in, always worth a try. Out of interest, personal development course or work related? If it's for work, then frankly your Boss is being a bit of a tosser if there isn't any accommodation and he won't stump up for any. Just tell him you're not going then. (Or am I being a bit RAF'y over it?)
 

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
#7
If 39 Sigs can't help there's also 4MI in Keynsham and a TA Gunners unit around central Bristol. If you find something, post on here. I'll try and remember to check in the morning so I can run it by the green blokes in my office and see what they recommend.
 
#10
21 Sig Regt (AS), Azimghur Barracks, North Colerne. About 20 mins from Bristol.
 
#11
PoisonDwarf said:
21 Sig Regt (AS), Azimghur Barracks, North Colerne. About 20 mins from Bristol.
First mess I ever stayed in! Nightmare to get to, though. Bloody country lanes.
 
#12
There are no messes within the stated commuting time/distance. Tell him you have to have the Marriot FFS!!.... :evil:

CW

Quis Separabit
Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum
 
#15
9 Supply Regt just outside Chippenham ( J17 M4 ) Barracks used to be called Hullavington when I was there 7 years ago but been told that the name has changed a few years ago so not sure what it is known by now
 

untallguy

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#16
TA4156 said:
9 Supply Regt just outside Chippenham ( J17 M4 ) Barracks used to be called Hullavington when I was there 7 years ago but been told that the name has changed a few years ago so not sure what it is known by now
Now called 9 Regt RLC in Buckley Bks (still J17 on the M4). About 30mins into Bristol depending on where you are going.
 
#17
NVIS said:
If its the course I think it is (2 x two week crammers). I stayed in the mess at Yeovilton, a 35 min commute.
Bollocks what on a helicopter! Yeovilton to Bristol is more like at least 60 mins on a very very good day if you take into account traffic on the M5 or A37.

The reason so many people live in SSSA in Bristol is that there are no regular messes relatively close other than Beechley Barracks Chepstow (25 mins) - which will cost you an additional £5 ish a day in bridge tolls or Coresham 45 mins away depending on traffic and rush hour etc. If this is an official course then your boss will need to allow you to stay in a hotel - I know times are tight but he's taking the piss as there is a system in place to deal with this - defence hotel booking agency on defence intranet.
 

Latest Threads

Top