Barracks dress returns!

We had a briefing at work that soon the dreaded Barracks Dress will be back in force.
Anyone else heard this?

Please say its not true, will they cut them boot fit?

wayner1970 said:
Please say its not true, will they cut them boot fit?
Honestly, the shoes will return! Not sure if its Barracks dress trousers
or something similar to Lt weights.

We have heard the same at our unit, it was briefed as "CAMP dress". It will take the form of "Crab" shoe's, lightweight trousers and shirts/jersey heavy wool (new design coming soon) can't f**king wait!

I wish they brought back denims and jumpers they look smarter. Barrack dress is awesome I would be able to wear shoes to work whilst walking my dog holding my wifes hand cool.

Chubby_Brown said:
It's kind of in at my place, WO's and officers wear it on a Monday. No 2 trousers, brown shoes, officers shirt and wierd hat. very dapper.
Those crappy Pork Pie hats will be back in next! You know, the ones which sit at a w*anky angle!

It's all to do with CS95 and the psycology. There has been a study of some description carried out and when we get used to wearing CS95 constantly we don't feel very war-ry when we roll out the gate on ops.

Funny thing is my working CS95 is green and its usually a sandy colour when we roll out the gate same as everyone else!

electric_citizen said:
It's all to do with CS95 and the psycology. There has been a study of some description carried out and when we get used to wearing CS95 constantly we don't feel very war-ry when we roll out the gate on ops.
Is that a joke? 8O

electric_citizen said:

Funny thing is my working CS95 is green and its usually a sandy colour when we roll out the gate same as everyone else!
:lol: Know where your coming from!

We have to currently wear lightweights shoes and number 2s shirts for duty and it looks pump. But on a friday those not on shift and office workers have to wear no 2s trousers shoes and no2 shirt. It is known as fancy dress friday at is not popular with anyone!

lochie99 said:
We have to currently wear lightweights shoes and number 2s shirts for duty and it looks pump. But on a friday those not on shift and office workers have to wear no 2s trousers shoes and no2 shirt. It is known as fancy dress friday at is not popular with anyone!
Fooking hell. That is websters!
has that come down from Regt or Cap badge?

Well its RMP and we got told, they wear it at RHQ so we will wear it in the company location as well.

But its the lightweights that are truely gay, with no twisters and shoes. Great for working pay weekend nights in or just generally looking like a mickey mouse policing agency

There was nothing wrong with old style No8 dress - if that came back I would have no problem....plastic trousers, brown shirt and shoes though (old barrack dress)...we'd be like the crabs only with a more w@nk uniform.

Think thats bad, we have to wear lightweights, No. 2 shirts, Wooly pullys and boots with twisters, its propper gash!

lochie99 said:
Why not have "Dress Down Friday", you know, polo shirts and jeans? :twisted:

I'd be glad of the return to barracks dress. I sit in an office all day but still have to clean my boots - well, supposed to. If we go to barracks dress, i'll treat myself to some nice patent ones that i can wipe over with a dish cloth.

Great idea. can't wait.

quim_spotter said:
I'd be glad of the return to barracks dress. I sit in an office all day but still have to clean my boots - well, supposed to. If we go to barracks dress, i'll treat myself to some nice patent ones that i can wipe over with a dish cloth.

Great idea. can't wait.
And then wear the same pair of plastic trousers all week until you can get them dry cleaned. Personally I'd rather clean a pair of boots every day.

Latest Threads