Baroness Warsi in potential new expenses fiddle

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Wordsmith, May 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Will they ever learn - continued...

Increasing questions are being asked about Warsi's expenses.

Cabinet minister Baroness Warsi admits breaking cash rules - Telegraph

Tory chairman Baroness Warsi admits breaking rules by failing to declare rental income on London home | Mail Online

As yet unproven, but is anyone else suffering a sense of deja vu?

2. I'm sure that they're all still at it.
  3. Nothing ever changes in Politics,,cheating, self serving, arrogant, useless,overpaid cnuts that they all are and always be.Thank God for British Politicos,the world would be boring without them....
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Ethnic minority and a woman she'll never be sacked
    If she can come out with a disabillity she'd be a hands down winner at P.C. bingo
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sanctimonious, pious witch that she is I really hope she gets hammered for this. Having repeatedly proved unelectable, hence the Peerage, she should not even be in political office in my book.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yet another "oversight", with a politician raking in yet more illicit cabbage. But will the predictable public outcry mask a degree of hypocrisy? How many genuinely honest people are there in the UK today? I'm having some minor work done on the house and have been offered a 'cash only' deal, by a locally-recommended and competent tradesman, for considerably less than I'd expected. Is it my business whether he's paying all the income tax/VAT he should? Should I turn a blind eye and save (quite) a few bob myself, or go elsewhere, pay more and possibly get inferior quality, but with a clear conscience? A pal of mine, a decorated and otherwise decent ex-infantryman, once told me he'd found £200 sticking out of an ATM, which he pocketed without a qualm. And is there one among us who can honestly say that he never 'massaged' a 1771 now and then, if only for a few extra quid/Marks? I know I did. It's a commonplace to say that we were a more honest nation 30 or 40 years ago, but is it really true? On balance, I think it is - but not by that much.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Not the point. Neither you, I or your mate have dedicated our lives to seeking public office in order to dictate the rules to others. She is quite happy to go on Question Time etc and lecture on morality and, in the current economic climate, how public money is spent.

Burn the Witch
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Two years ago when this scandal first blew up I was doing jury service, every single one of my fellow jurors whilst having very strong "hang 'em all" opinions on the fiddling politicians proceeded to fiddle their court expenses.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Bonk her first.
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Send her round to me I make sure she gets some hammer.
  11. A number of Squadies have done 'Military Bird', 'Civi Bird' and been Discharged for similar oversights.

Yet another Politican with her nose in the pigs feeding trough, ripping off the hard working tax payer.

Our mate Dave says we are all in this together.

I believe that when she is banged up at Holliway.

Bring on the Military Revolution and put this type of SCUM against the wall.

7.62 justice is the way to go.
  12. I don't dispute that, and I'm the last to have sympathy for politicos of any stamp; I just think there'll be more than a hint of 'holier than thou' in the general public (and especially press) reaction. 'Twas ever thus, I suppose.
  13. Warsi and 'bigotry' and 'prejudice' towards Muslims
    Baroness Warsi, the Conservative Party chairman, is reported to be complaining about 'bigotry' and 'prejudice' towards Muslims.

I mourn the passing of my younger days when there were very few Muslims in this country and certainly no prejudice towards them. Our country's problems in this respect started with the influx of these people with their alien attitudes and the problems have been exacerbated by the alien behaviour of some of the Muslims. Islam and the Muslims are imported problems. As Enoch Powell said, 'We must be mad.'

The landlord of the premises Mr Khan says she never paid any money for rent and utility bills,,,So it would seem even Ms Warsi is prepared to abuse a fellow Muslim,,,Hypocrite.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Agree. We all like to see our "betters' get caught and punished. But if I am caught out for anything I expect to accept the consequences. She should be no different.
  15. I'm a little confused, she hasn't declared income that she should have declared. Now my understanding is that that declaration is necessary in case that income might be the cause of bias. IE being paid as a consultant for a firm with a vested interest. Her income is from rental and she has paid tax on it although I fully take the point she should have declared it and she has broken Parliamentary rules by not doing so but I fail to see what expenses she's fiddled. Can someone enlighten me please?

Edited to add: Seen the bit about where she stayed overnight but she says she paid and her advisor says she paid. With one company I worked for we were paid £115 per night if we had to stay over anywhere. It didn't matter where we stayed we got £115 and that covered accommodation and food, we weren't asked to provide receipts even if the company didn't book the accommodation. Is the allowance claimed an overnight one or is it specific to receipts in which case where are the recipts she submitted? If they are forgeries then send her to prison.