Baroness Warsi attempting to bury expenses by being controversial

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vampireuk, Jan 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Baroness Warsi says Muslim prejudice seen as normal

Strange timing to start bringing up some strange prejudice that I have never seen!
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

3. I happen to live in a town with a large Muslim population and I have not encountered this prejudice she seems to claim.
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

But she is a bit more Muslim than you are ..... ;-)
  5. Where is she getting these statements from? She is blatantly making things up out of thin air to suit her agenda. And you don't need to be a member of a religion to encounter prejudice. ;)
  6. I think the emphasis placed here by Baroness Warsi is somewhat one sided.

I see just as much prejudice from individuals who happen to be Muslim, to those outside their faith, no more, no less.
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Everyone has an agenda - your paraphrasing of the article is an example you use to support your view. That a polititian has one is not the breaking revelation of the morning....
  8. A swing and a miss.
  9. She's right.
    We have a divided society. Where she is wrong is her emphasis.
    She claims non Muslims are guilty of prejudice whereas most people I know see the Muslim community as setting itself aside from fully integrating into British life.
  10. Eh ??

Some muslims are extremists and some aren't whats her problem ? However in order not to offend the Warsi woman, I will no longer divide muslims into extremists and moderates. I will assume they are all extremists.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I think your right in saying she's always come across as sensible and astute in the past, and while there may be some truth in what she is saying, there is also an agenda as other posters have mentioned, she's a politician and any thing a politician says has to be treated with the utmost caution.
  12. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

13. I am indeed not questioning that, the Muslim population in my area do tend to segregate theirselves, which is somehow everyone elses fault she would have you believe. The issue is of course her attempt at being controversial and claiming everybody is against them.

There is actually something rather amusing going on in my area, as apparently they tend to keep all their money in their home rather than a bank a lot of houses in their community have being broken into and they have had their belongings taken, by people from their own community.
  14. What immediately springs to mind for me, somewhat cynically I can't deny, is it makes her a potential martyr(sic). Any negative action, criticism or stagnation to her career can now be referred back to this 'observation' as the reason for such.

I may of course be completely wrong and she has a deep conviction that the muslim population is in grave danger from the traditionally bigoted British public. Not that I have witnessed any.
  15. At the risk of playing devils advocate, I wonder just what the reaction would be if you set up a white only playgroup.