Baroness Thatcher

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Jan 29, 2009.

?
  1. Generally good for UK PLC

79.8%
  2. Generally bad for UK PLC

20.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The BBC have bumped Baroness Thatcher's obituary up to priority.

It would seem as if the old girl's on her last legs.

More is the pity as we could do with a quick dose of Thatcherism now.

2. How do you know this?

3. I'm dusting off my dancing shoes as we speak.

do we really have to wait for the f ucking disgusting creature to die before we plant it?

I would imagine they'll either have to rope off her grave, or install a disco style lit dancefloor.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I'd take her over any of the fukcwits who have followed her any day of the week and twice on a Sunday

No doubt Ashie and Sven will be rejoicing

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Don't forget the sharpened stakes, just to make sure she's really dead.

When the time comes, obviously.

6. Whatever you think of Thatcher she said what she believed in, she said what she was going to do and then she went out and did it. Tony Blair did nothing - even now we don't know what he believed in and he changed very little.

7. I'll be smashing fcukwits who don't understand what happened in the 80s in the face come the dark day if I hear one of them celebrating in earshot of me. god bless her, and may she live a bit longer yet...

8. Despite the mixed opinions about her at least Thatcher had a spine and actually took risks in order to pull this country out of the state it was in. Shame to see this all ruined by the Liarbour cnuts who have followed.

9. I presume you must be some 'right one' fcukwit who spent the 80s banging on about the rights of the coal miners and shipbuilders.

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Go to some areas of Yorkshire and there's 6 year old kids banging on about Thatcher closing t'pit

No doubt there will be mass celebrations amongst the unwashed

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I disagree with that.

She SAID she was fighting our corner in Europe. In fact she signed the Single European Act.
    She SAID the NHS was safe in her hands, in fact she privatised as much of it as she could.
    She SAID that our public utilities had to be privatised so they could borrow money for improvement, and presided over a scramble for profit at the expense of service.
    She SAID she would improve the railways, yet developed a model where the economics of the madhouse prevails (that's also due to Portaloo the Spaniard).
    She SAID she would reduce the civil service, and presided over the outsourcing of public duties to the lowest bidder, whilst her 'people like us' made fortunes from consultancy, telling her how to give the work to the other arms of their companies.
    She and her 'people like us' started the trend of ministers moving into the businesses they'd helped privatise.

She deliberately allowed a fertile island built on coal and surrounded by fish to give / sell all its assets to the lowest bidder. Harold MacMillan summed her up with his quote about selling the family silver.

Dancing shoes? We should have a national party when the witch is dead.
    And ..... breathe.

12. I sneaked into Broadcasting House.

13. Exactly. I couldn't give a flying fcuk what the self-elected underclass think.

14. Right one?

No not really I spent the latter part of the eighties in uniform, good job really as she was busy f ucking dosmantling society outside of the mob, then if you remember turned her snipping shears inwards.

Take off those rose tinted specs you bell end she was a horrible old c unt.

Maybe we should have a public holiday in celeb.... er... honour of her passing with its own song for the day?

"Ding dong the witch is dead".

The only plus point of her not ACTUALLY being dead yet is the fact she gets a few more days of confused incontinent pain before she shuffles off to hell.

then it's break out the champers.

15. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You know, as much as I respect you, adore you, and admire you, I have to disagree with you.
    besodes, she had great legs.