Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barnard Castle to Appleby in Westmoreland drive, what to see?

Oops

War Hero
A homegrown, humble and honest success story..

What Politician doesn't find time to associate 'emselves to summat like that.

The money he's playing with, I'm not sure Rishi might be just after borrowing a few quid!

High Force waterfall is pretty spectacular, especially after some rain. I believe it's open all year round.

There's a nice pub nearby too.

Truxx

LE
High Force waterfall is pretty spectacular, especially after some rain. I believe it's open all year round.

There's a nice pub nearby too.

Bit of a trail on foot for old codgers though....

Truxx

LE
A homegrown, humble and honest success story..

What Politician doesn't find time to associate 'emselves to summat like that.

The money he's playing with, I'm not sure Rishi might be just after borrowing a few quid!
i thought that part of the w orld was William Hague

Truxx

LE
Oh and Raby Castle with its ancient herds of deer is a pleasant spot.

for footy fans a must- visit just up the road is West Aukland. Then you can say you have visite d the home of the World Cup.

Oops

War Hero
i thought that part of the w orld was William Hague
Bloody Hell Truxx , that was when he was an 'umble Mp.

HIm sure you'll recall he's Lord Hague of Richmond, aka.The Waverer nowadays, the ermine must do awful strange things to folk.

Rishi's had the gig since '15 (and doing rather well for himself, too)

You’re in my neck of the woods.

And of course you should head just a little further west and have lunch at the George & Dragon in Clifton. I hear it’s very good. ;)
Please sort out the grammar error on website covid 19 update, 2nd sentence :)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Please sort out the grammar error on website covid 19 update, 2nd sentence :)

The young girl responsible has already been sacked and we’ve evicted her family from their tenant farm just to make a point.

I trust this meets with your satisfaction.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Silver Clockwork Swan, long ago technology but not a silicon chip used.
CFB
I visited a dozen years ago. It's very, very old. They only operate it once daily so as not to wear it out or break it. Check timings.

Last edited:
Keep your eyes open for Dominic Cummings and his family around Barnard Castle.

But steer clear of them on the road, because apparently the myopic lot are out conducting driving tests.

You’re in my neck of the woods.

Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle - Art and shit.
Antiques shops in Barnard Castle.
The castle itself in Barnard Castle.
Eden Valley Railway at Warcop - Old trains and shit.
Railway museum at Kirkby Stephen - more old trains and shit.
High Cup Nick - a bit off the beaten track, probably not accessible for the oldies. Nice views if you can make it up there.
Brough (Pronounced “Bruff”) Castle.

And of course you should head just a little further west and have lunch at the George & Dragon in Clifton. I hear it’s very good. ;)
Warcop Station where I collected the papers from a stream train. Trundled hand cart to Mrs Piggs shop all before going to skule.
From Brough (Bruff) Castle you can see Fox Tower.
Warcop may pole, my initials at the top since 1953.
CFB

Bodenplatte

War Hero
If you go at the right time of year you can enjoy the Appleby Horse Fair, the biggest annual meeting of Gypsies and Travellers in Europe, maybe the world.

Latest Threads