Bargain Properties

Also, in this highly charged environment we need to reduce the load, but I do feel that that resistance is pointless.

[Ed: that's enough]

Last edited:
In all seriousness, are we likely to see sectors of the housing market slump? If there are a large number of deaths of older people (often concentrated in smaller towns) is this is likely to to release a lot of houses on to the market?
My daughter has been trying to sell her shared ownership property for around 6 months now and has finally been notified by the estate agent today that one person who registered an interest has had his offer accepted and the flat is now SSTC. Her dilemma now is that the number of properties on the market has dropped and even those that are still out there have cancelled all viewings for the next four weeks. She's wanting to make sure the deal doesn't fall through so is wanting to move out and get rid as soon as the new buyer has completed and wants to move in.

Finding her 'Forever Home' may be difficult if the market contracts though. It's difficult to know what to advise her. Are people likely to be wanting to sell up and move this year? The money that's being made available for those who might have been facing redundancy at any other time will mean they aren't all having to vacate because they've lost their jobs.... We've kind of offered for her and her wife (yeah she's one of the alphabet LGB-etc people) to move in with us for a few months as I suspect that there may be significant price drops around the corner just to help stimulate the market, even if it isn't because thousands of old folk have croaked. We live in West Berkshire and house prices could do with a big slice being taken off them anyway... But if house prices go the other way then she could be living with us for far longer than I anticipated.....

On the positive side her wife is absolutely gorgeous. Having her mooching around the house in her PJs could be quite entertaining...

muscat_diver

Old-Salt

I am renovating in Penarth and this is in a stunning location.

Last edited:

I am renovating in Penarth and this is in a stunning location.
Say hello to Big Arth from me

Big Arth, from Penarth
Was a forward and a half
A giraffe in the lineout, a rhino in the pack
He never passed forwards when he should have passed back
And once in possession,
Slalomed his way through the opposition
Like a greased cheetah

And delicate? Oh so delicate!
Once for a lark at Cardiff Arms Park
Big Arth converted a soft-boiled egg
From the half way line.

No doubt about it. He was one of the best players in the Second team.

Last edited:

Mick9abf

War Hero
Check out Masson & Glennie Peterhead and put South road Peterhead in the search That's a corker
Pretty fair priced looking at the pics, needs quite a bit of upgrading so not a complete bargain, pity that it’s in Peterhead - utter dump of a place.

muscat_diver

Old-Salt
Say hello to Big Arth from me

Big Arth, from Penarth
Was a forward and a half
A giraffe in the lineout, a rhino in the pack
He never passed forwards when he should have passed back
And once in possession,
Slalomed his way through the opposition
Like a greased cheetah

And delicate? Oh so delicate!
Once for a lark at Cardiff Arms Park
Big Arth converted a soft-boiled egg
From the half way line.

No doubt about it. He was one of the best players in the Second team.
Big Arth from Penarth
was a forward and a half.
Though built like a peninsula
with muscles like pink slagheaps
and a face like a cheese grater
he was as graceful and fast
as a greased cheetah.

A giraffe in the lineout
a rhino in the pack
he never passed forward
when he should've passed back
and once in possession