Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Barclays - Is this the final nail in the coffin?

It’s got nothing to do with keeping any red flag flying, Provost, but much more with achieving an optimum on required financial services for the majority of the population.

Read the articles I posted about the federal-state owned bank of North Dakota and how it weathered the financial bust in fine form and is still going strong. There’s nothing to prevent US states, or even whole economies, adopting the same basic banking/financial strategies and methods to ensure a fiscally sound economic future for everyone. The question is why won’t they do it? The answer seems to be that they’ve become so enamoured of the “Capitalist solution” that they see no other way out but to perpetuate it – and in doing so add to/compound the (their) financial problems.

The big banks and financial institutions are absolutely coining it in the present situation. Why else do you think they do everything in their (very impressive lobbying) power to supress the unquestionably positive results state-owned banks could have? They want huge profits! And huge profits are not to be gained if “normal folks” go about their financial occasions. That’s why banks took (and are still taking) so-called QI deposits to speculate on more than questionable financial instruments in the hope of making a “killing”.

The banking system in the western world is out of control and needs to be reminded that it’s primary reason it to serve the population, and not to strive to optimise profits at the sacrifice of “normal folks".

MsG
Bugsy, they say that you give an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters, you'll eventually wind up with every work of literature ever written. But give one arsehole a keyboard, and we'll get everything you've ever posted.

Directors picked by Blair Government on basis of service to Trade Union movement rather than banking or retail experience. What could possibly go wrong?

See this happening when Corbyn gets in and McDonnell nationalises everything. The likes of Abbott, Ashton, Mandelson and Kinnocks (4) have to be found sinecures....

My bold ... I gave that an "informative", really it should have been a "F**K me thats a horrific thought", mind you I suppose it is the way our "enlightenened" leaders have padded out the HoL in the last couple of decades.

I really like Barclays, who operate under the name Woolwich. Suddenly when you find paperwork for a PPI claim, they say they can't identify the account. So off to the financial ombudsman and they say everything in triplicate before they'll consider the complaint.

I really like Barclays, who operate under the name Woolwich. Suddenly when you find paperwork for a PPI claim, they say they can't identify the account. So off to the financial ombudsman and they say everything in triplicate before they'll consider the complaint.
Barclays took over the Woolwich to grow its mortgage business. Now it's just a trading name. However records from Woolwich may not be stored in the same place as they were all in Bexleyheath.
Not your problem really. But for Barclayloan PPI the other half got a helpful and profitable answer very swiftly.

As with most other retail banks, these represent a rapidly diminishing proportion of the payroll as things progressively move online.

Yep, British banks are culling backroom staff as quick as they can to boost their profits and enhance still further the already astronimical bonuses of the less than 1% of the elite at the top of the food chain.

Oh, and those pesky fines issued against various banks by the Americans ons others have to be paid for out of the salaried of those at the bottom of the banks' food chains.

Yep, British banks are culling backroom staff as quick as they can to boost their profits and enhance still further the already astronimical bonuses of the less than 1% of the elite at the top of the food chain.

Oh, and those pesky fines issued against various banks by the Americans ons others have to be paid for out of the salaried of those at the bottom of the banks' food chains.
Been the same since Big Bang. Short-termism rules. Sod the future (unless you can bundle it into a fund and market it to Sids).

Woolwich may not be stored in the same place as they were all in Bexleyheath.
Hmmm that's now Gorn in a deal with Bexley council so Lord knows where the records are now, if not conveniently destroyed. The real problem here is that PPI is in effect a fraud which is criminal being treated as civil with burden of proof as per criminal. Good innit. I did have another PPI with Barclays no probs but things are are getting a bit sticky for the banks. If you have the evidence, and I have, they really have no comeback.