Barclays - Is this the final nail in the coffin?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you think big time drug smugglers like Bugsy pay taxes on their profits?
You just can't help yourself, can you? Anything for a cheap shot at Bugsy, eh, spackerman? Why are you selfishly and deliberately derailing the thread, just so you can get in your usual moronic chips at me?

As I've stated on many occasions: I was never a "big-time drug smuggler" (which you've hyped up just to sound [melo-]dramatic) and I gave it all up in 1990. That's almost 30 fückin' years ago, you hopeless cretin!

MsG

PS, The term "big-time", when used as an adjective, is hyphenated.:-D:-D:-D

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
We have something similar; the Co-operative Bank. They are only just about keeping afloat through massive investment by a US hedge fund consortium.

Keep the red flag flying, eh?
How very true to the founding principles of the Co-operative movement!

How very true to the founding principles of the Co-operative movement!

Shades of the "Bent Bishop" Former Co-op bank boss Paul Flowers pleads guilty to drug charges

Must be a friend of Keith Vaz looking at his minders

1518535524778.png

He's doing well on his pittance snip from article "The barrister said Flowers had "lost so much" as a result of the affair and was not currently working. His only income is a pension of £510 a month"
Mind you some one rumbled him "A man at the back of the courtroom then coughed and shouted: "Liar," before being evicted."

How on earth any Bank Coop or otherwise could even employ creatures such as this, never mind as Chairman, boggles the mind,
Another snip from the article
"The night before he was due to present his crucial testimony to MPs, he texted a friend: "Am in London tomorrow for my appearance before the Treasury Committee and won't be back til after Midnight. Do you like ket?"
After his grilling by MPs he headed back to Manchester to "get wasted" with friends.
In another text, Flowers boasted how his plans for a party were "turning into a two-day, drug-fuelled gay orgy".

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
We have something similar; the Co-operative Bank. We all know how well managed and massively successful they've been. They are only just about keeping afloat through massive investment by a US hedge fund consortium.

Keep the red flag flying, eh?
It’s got nothing to do with keeping any red flag flying, Provost, but much more with achieving an optimum on required financial services for the majority of the population.

Read the articles I posted about the federal-state owned bank of North Dakota and how it weathered the financial bust in fine form and is still going strong. There’s nothing to prevent US states, or even whole economies, adopting the same basic banking/financial strategies and methods to ensure a fiscally sound economic future for everyone. The question is why won’t they do it? The answer seems to be that they’ve become so enamoured of the “Capitalist solution” that they see no other way out but to perpetuate it – and in doing so add to/compound the (their) financial problems.

The big banks and financial institutions are absolutely coining it in the present situation. Why else do you think they do everything in their (very impressive lobbying) power to supress the unquestionably positive results state-owned banks could have? They want huge profits! And huge profits are not to be gained if “normal folks” go about their financial occasions. That’s why banks took (and are still taking) so-called QI deposits to speculate on more than questionable financial instruments in the hope of making a “killing”.

The banking system in the western world is out of control and needs to be reminded that it’s primary reason it to serve the population, and not to strive to optimise profits at the sacrifice of “normal folks".

MsG

Last edited:
One would hope so, but the devil looks after his own (and the SFO have a seriously crap record of success.)

Could Barclays’ banking license be suspended as a result of the latest fraud charges?

Governments are scared of banks, to the extent that they pumped taxpayers' money into them to keep them afloat during the crash and then allowed them to continue paying their execs and 'high-flyers' massive bonuses. However, Barclays decided to go their own way and arrange a corrupt loan. Anyone who says that Barclays are no worse than any other British bank could not be more wrong. This lot are the poster boys for corrupt banking practice. Libor, exchange rates, PPI - it goes on and on. They have strayed a very long way indeed from their Quaker roots.

I am no moralist, but so rotten did I perceive them to be, that I kicked them into touch a few years ago after being a customer for about forty years.
It paid over 2.2bn in tax in 2016. Then add to that all the tax its workforce pays.

I will get you a knife so you can cut off you nose to spite your face.

Barclays is not a UK bank it is a world bank and in the top 20.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Shades of the "Bent Bishop" Former Co-op bank boss Paul Flowers pleads guilty to drug charges

Must be a friend of Keith Vaz looking at his minders

View attachment 322033

He's doing well on his pittance snip from article "The barrister said Flowers had "lost so much" as a result of the affair and was not currently working. His only income is a pension of £510 a month"
Mind you some one rumbled him "A man at the back of the courtroom then coughed and shouted: "Liar," before being evicted."

How on earth any Bank Coop or otherwise could even employ creatures such as this, never mind as Chairman, boggles the mind,
Another snip from the article
"The night before he was due to present his crucial testimony to MPs, he texted a friend: "Am in London tomorrow for my appearance before the Treasury Committee and won't be back til after Midnight. Do you like ket?"
After his grilling by MPs he headed back to Manchester to "get wasted" with friends.
In another text, Flowers boasted how his plans for a party were "turning into a two-day, drug-fuelled gay orgy".
Directors picked by Blair Government on basis of service to Trade Union movement rather than banking or retail experience. What could possibly go wrong?

See this happening when Corbyn gets in and McDonnell nationalises everything. The likes of Abbott, Ashton, Mandelson and Kinnocks (4) have to be found sinecures....

The main problem with the Square Mile is that it's a completely independent entity (it even has its own Old Bill). The laws of the land don't apply there and any attempt to regulate the place is immediately quashed by the self-serving politicians once they're shown how fat the brown envelopes are. It's also by far the biggest money-laundering and tax-avoidance location on the planet.

If all the UK banks were nationalised and forbidden from mixing normal banking with financial speculation business, things could improve a lot and put the services of the banks back where they belong, that is, attending to normal folks and their financial requirements. But that's hardly likely to happen. The banks are also running all manner of commercial enterprises that have nothing whatsoever to do with banking. Nationalisation would put a stop to that and prevent the formation of secret cartels promoting monopolies to the detriment of society as a whole.

MsG
Dear oh my, he's an expert wbanker too.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Contrary to perceived wisdom only Lloyds adn RBS got bailout money.
Northern Rock managed their own way out of it then?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Dear oh my, he's an expert wbanker too.
So you've nothing to say on the subject of the thread, apart from your usual, desperate cheap shots at me. Dorky_Boy. How typical (and typically childish)!:-D:-D:-D

Hey, fücknuts! You were about to "expose" my alleged connections to MI5 (in the MI6 espionage world of the GDR). How's that progressing, mush?:cool::cool::cool:

MsG

When I don't have anything positive to add, I don't post.
Oh, look creative changes to user names. How original.
Put your crayons away o infantile one

Contrary to perceived wisdom only Lloyds adn RBS got bailout money.
The entire banking system benefited from the >£200billions in quantitative easing generated by the B of E, while depositors suffered and continue to do so through artificially low interest rates. It was taxpayers' assets that kept the whole show on the road.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The entire banking system benefited from the >£200billions in quantitative easing generated by the B of E, while depositors suffered and continue to do so through artificially low interest rates. It was taxpayers' assets that kept the whole show on the road.
Spot on.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Last edited:

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't respond to the ghunt! He's just out to score personal points because he feels so totally inferior. He can't speak German, you know?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I also reminded him that he "promised" to supply "firm evidence" of my alleged liaisons with MI5 (his words) in West Berlin as soon as he got home, but he never actually delivered. I wonder why.:?:?

So, naturally, he's upped his already constant and pathetic attempts to make me look as unbelievable as possible. It's what gacky gobshites like him do. Think nothing of it.:-D:-D:-D

Back to the subject of the thread.

MsG