Barbour Neoprene Gloves

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by bing191, Jan 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got some from some farmers shop, tbh- quality was questionable. They aren't especially warm either.

2. This is ARRSE, not kelkoo.

3. £21.99 on their sale page which seems ok
    Paid 25 for mine in Crocketts.

4. As I've mentioned on ARRSE before. The finger tips that open up to allow you to wear them 'fingerless' as such, rip off very easily. Get a sturdier glove.

5. any suggestions?

6. Agreed - and they made your hands smell.

7. No, that's the oldie in you!
    When they used to demonstrate the old toilet paper use in the old ration packs, you didn't really have to put your bare finger through to wipe your bum!

I have a pair, they're ok if your are just wearing them. If you conduct anything physical like digging etc, they fall apart completely.

8. Apparently you can frapp your self to death in them and it feels like an alien!

9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The pussers issue neoprene diving gloves are pretty top. They do make your hands smell of wet dog though.

Get them from stores for free.

10. Do they come with a sachet of metal eating alien drool?

11. I bought a pair and found the same problem - the gloves seemed to draw the warmth out of my finders. I found I was better off with a pair of thermal gloves instead. I recently found the Barbour gloves in the attic - I haven't worn them in years, but I still use the thermal gloves walking the dog on cold mornings.

Rodney2q

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I prefer the Macwet gloves for everything bar manual labour

• Like Like x 1
  13. I use Oakley gloves when it's dry and sealskins when it's wet.