BarbeSkew - BBQ, Anyone tried it or got one?

Saw one of these for the first time today. Apparently it has been around for a couple of years.

BBQ | Charcoal BBQ | Gas BBQ | Barbecue

Seems to be a reasonable idea and would allow me to do rotisserie chicken and the such like.

It is an expensive item so would like to know if any Arrser's have either purchased and used or experienced anything cooked on one.
The web does hold some reviews but they are few and far between, any comments would be gratefully received.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
why not just buy a regular barbecue and some skewers? or am I missing the point?

Cheers Roadster.Nice piece of kit by the look of it. Unfortunately at £845 its a long way out of my price range.

This was the attraction of the Barbeskew that it was within the range I was looking at and seemed to offer at a flat price a lot of the optional extras that the more established companies grills did as 'extras'. I have my small Weber kettle with which I have started smoking food now. Hit and miss because it is not designed for it, but getting there now and learning on the way!

I personally think there's nothing better than a big oil drum and a bit of creative cutting and welding. It doesn't matter how many barbeques I've cooked on, nothing ever seems to come close in terms of heat retention and flexibility.

The only down side is trying to convince the wife that having a massive oil drum BBQ in her pretty little ******* garden is a good idea.

Edited to add; I'm starting to get a bit pissed of with this embedded advertising malarkey. 'creative', ffs. I didn't even give it a capital letter.

The BarbeSkew barbecues all your food to perfection giving you the opportunity to relax and enjoy your bbq.

As well as ensuring that no food is burnt, it also cooks food more thoroughly right through to the centre, and because the food is rotating, it is constantly self-basting ensuring that the food comes off moist and succulent.

The Charcoal BarbeSkew gives the fantastic smokey flavour as the moist succulent food absorbs all the charcoal smoke. The Gas BarbeSkew is more convenient as it can be switched on and running in seconds.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
The BarbeSkew barbecues all your food to perfection giving you the opportunity to relax and enjoy your bbq.

As well as ensuring that no food is burnt, it also cooks food more thoroughly right through to the centre, and because the food is rotating, it is constantly self-basting ensuring that the food comes off moist and succulent.

The Charcoal BarbeSkew gives the fantastic smokey flavour as the moist succulent food absorbs all the charcoal smoke. The Gas BarbeSkew is more convenient as it can be switched on and running in seconds.
Hahahahahahahahahahaahaha £400, jog on spammer.

I'm a Yorkshireman too. We sold 20 at the Great Yorkshire Show! Very reasonable price for the quality you get. When the average house price is £200k and people spend £20k on their car, then £400 is a great price for top-of-the-range equipment for your garden.

I'm a Yorkshireman too. We sold 20 at the Great Yorkshire Show! Very reasonable price for the quality you get. When the average house price is £200k and people spend £20k on their car, then £400 is a great price for top-of-the-range equipment for your garden.
Not really, I wouldn't pay 400 quid for a bbq, its a ridiculous price to pay for a bbq......especially as it does not boil eggs for those odd people that want them.

Yes the BarbeSkew comes with a long skewer and clamps so that you can spit roast a whole joint of meat. So Granny can baste it as it's rotating! Added to which you can put a pan of boiling water on the grill that comes with the BarbeSkew so that you can boil your eggs!

Yes the BarbeSkew comes with a long skewer and clamps so that you can spit roast a whole joint of meat. So Granny can baste it as it's rotating! Added to which you can put a pan of boiling water on the grill that comes with the BarbeSkew so that you can boil your eggs!
but why would I want to put a pan of water on a BBQ that costs 400 quid?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Is it bollocks reasonable it's a right rip off. I'll do my own spit roasting thanks muchly.

Is it bollocks reasonable it's a right rip off. I'll do my own spit roasting thanks muchly.
Fair enough! But the BarbeSkew has 2 separate motors so you can rotate 9 kebabs or rotate 2 cages carrying up to 40 sausages all at the same time. So no more black burnt sausages that are uncooked in the middle.

Fair enough! But the BarbeSkew has 2 separate motors so you can rotate 9 kebabs or rotate 2 cages carrying up to 40 sausages all at the same time. So no more black burnt sausages that are uncooked in the middle.
Well that's clinched the deal for me!

Could you also sell me a pair of anti gravity moon pants and the alchemist recipe for "purest green"?.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wheelchairwarrier The NAAFI Bar 22
g2_loony_bin Int Corps 43
brettarider The NAAFI Bar 8