Barbarians v (the new?) England

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by pot_aussie, Jun 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Utter garbage. Probably the worst game of rugby I have ever seen. I feel sorry for the people who paid good money to watch that rubbish.

So how about the dawn of a new era for Martin Johnson's England? I appreciate that players from Wasps, Leicester and Bath were unavailable but there were some experienced internationals out there today.

The Barbarians were also dire, which just goes to prove what we have known in Wales for a long time - Dai Young is a fcuking useless coach!!

My last point is: Why play a game like this when so many players are unavailable? and then still charge £35-£45 a ticket?
  2. I don't want this to turn into a Wales / England thing. I am speaking as a disappointed rugby supporter!
  3. To be honest, a good player does not make a good coach and I'm still a bit puzzled as to why Johnson was picked as England coach with no coaching experience.

Those prices are cheap compared to what I paid to watch the Lions play Argentina in Cardiff in 2005. I bought tickets for myself, the ex, and my parents who came over for the weekend-total cost of the tickets? £200. Oh, and I forgot to mention £10 per program!

I can't see any of the touring home countries doing well in their respective tours to be perfectly honest. In fact, I think we're all going to get a fcuking hiding :(
  4. this has nearly always been a crap fixture £200 quid for the weekend and never a full England team we always came away feeling robbed and i have supported England for 45 years (hard work at times)
  5. Don't remind me - until this year's Calcutta Cup that was the most atrocious game of rugby i've ever paid money to see (and i'm a Dragons fan!). 25-25 draw. I wasn't surprised at the whitewash the NZ tour was after seeing that shite.