Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barbarians - Romans Vs Germans on Netflix

Anyone seen this?

Presumably covers Varus and his unfortunate camping trip into the Teutoberg forest after Hermann the jerman betrayed him.

The last Das Boot series was utterly abysmal, hopefully this won't be the same PC bullshyt. I expect to see a black chieftain and a lesbo soirée between Roman noble ladies.
If it is anything like this, it might be watchable.

Romans, spacemen, bare knuckles, cannibalism, gimps, and NAZI black bints!

Last edited:
I may watch the rest but I'm going to guess what happens just for the hell of it.

1. The boy turns into a woo/seer mystic.
  2. Pretty blonde girl gets raped or roughed up by the Romans.
  3. Boyfriend has a hissy fit and does something stupid.
  4. Romans burn down a few villages and kill people.
  5. This leads to the krauts wanting revenge and planning the ambush.
  6. Romans get ambushed, lots of violence and drama.
  7. Baddie Romans get stuffed into wooden cages and sacrificed/tortured with an obligatory willy cutting scene by the blonde girl to satisfy the neo feminists and revenge for rape etc.
  8. Some nice Romans escape and bring their tale of derring-do back to Rome.
  9. Everyone lives happily ever after.

Not that sold on the storyline and the dubbing made the dialogue sound a bit amateurish, but I liked hearing the Romans speak actual Latin and the military details were fairly good. Probably a few too many Lorica Segmentata for AD9 (although we now know from the archaeology that it was worn at Teutoburger Wald), but nice details on the armour and I liked the fact that they even had a variation in Legionary helmets (as again was probably the case).

Somewhere there must have been a Roman legionary with a faded tunic with sewn in creases.... ;-)

NSP

LE
Binge watched it last night. Bit slow to get going but it's worth holding out for the final episode when it all gets ambushtastic and everyone goes tonto with their hitting sticks and pointy things.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
It was ok but there could have been a lot more about the actual battle and how it developed.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I may watch the rest but I'm going to guess what happens just for the hell of it.

1. The boy turns into a woo/seer mystic. YES
  2. Pretty blonde girl gets raped or roughed up by the Romans. YES
  3. Boyfriend has a hissy fit and does something stupid. YES
  4. Romans burn down a few villages and kill people. NO
  5. This leads to the krauts wanting revenge and planning the ambush. YES
  6. Romans get ambushed, lots of violence and drama. YES
  7. Baddie Romans get stuffed into wooden cages and sacrificed/tortured with an obligatory willy cutting scene by the blonde girl to satisfy the neo feminists and revenge for rape etc. NO
  8. Some nice Romans escape and bring their tale of derring-do back to Rome. NO
  9. Everyone lives happily ever after. ISH
There you go.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
saw the first episode but no sight of a boob , does it get any better ?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It starts saying that Rome was the greatest empire the world has ever seen and we all know that isn't true.
You are right. The one in Leicester Square was the best, obviously.

Latest Threads