barb (the symbol rotation test).

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by L/cplblackham, Jan 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone. I just want some information on how to tackle the symbol rotation test on the barb test. I can do all the other's fine, Its just this one test thats realy crawling up my skin.
    can ANYBODY shed some light please i would be very greatfull.

many thanks
  2. its really not difficult, if you have like a graphic mind its pretty easy....just rotate them in your head. draw the "F's" normal in every 45* degree an then do the same with it back to front.. its really simple, an when you go to your two day selection you will see some of the tools who passed it. an you will think how the f**k did i fret about that
  3. im still not getting it ...
    its this one thing that is going to let me down ... :(
  4. its easy. as long as you i said draw an F then draw it upside down but the same way. then do it but a back to front F.
    negativity never got anyone no where
  5. Draw 2 capital F's.
    Cut them out.

Play with them.
  6. how will this help ?? in what way
  7. because it will...its making you familar with the shapes...draw one back to front F draw one as it would look in a mirror, and one just normal.
    its really not that difficult
  8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

It's a test for a reason. If you can't wrap your head round it, then there are certain tasks you will not be able to carry out efficiently or effectively.
  9. so what am i trying to do on the shapes .. get to that are the same when reflected... ?
  10. Mate i done this yesterday it is easy..

If your looking at the booklet to try and understand it, well to be honest its not that great.
    Once you get put on the test , it will explain on screen what you've got to do alot better, with examples and all that.

Dont worry, remember its not a test really you cant fail, its just to see what your good at and your weaknesses
  11. Okay thank you. You have put my mind at ease.
  12. Are you going harrogate in september?
  13. Giving out your name isnt a good idea.
  14. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

^^^^^ Neither is quoting it, if he decides to edit it out later, and you're off elsewhere.
  15. When you get there it explains it all, just try your best and you will be fine. Good luck.