BARB test

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by VarSity, May 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

I ran a search but couldn’t seem to find a thread on this in the first few pages (out of about 600) with BARB in them.

What sort of questions are in the BARB test? It’s been a long old time since ive had to do any maths (even though I work in accounts 8O ) and thought it might be an idea to have a quick look over some of my old textbooks and things.

What are good things to brush up on in preparation for the BARB test?
  2. Its just common sense stuff, Its about reading the question and being able to re-act fast. Questions like "Bob is heavier than Fred, Who weighs less?"

You should of gotten a booklet with all the possible questions in it.
  3. Ahh so it’s more abstract stuff. I suppose they have made it like that so you can’t prepare for it... gits!
  4. The booklet tells you all you need to know. If you find the example questions in there easy then you're sorted. My recruiter actually went through the booklet with me and thoroughly explained each type of question so I didn't have any problems getting a real high score.
  5. The barb is easy, you can't really prepare for it only go over the questions in the booklet. If you didn't get a barb booklet get one from your afco.
  6. Im heading down there tomorrow so I will pick one up and have a chat.

Also... the cake is a lie...