BARB Test Roll Of Honour

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Charlie Bronson, Apr 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,
    I thought it was fairly impossible to fail the BARB test. Especially for infantry.. Twice.
    But, a lad I know has managed it. He is the only person I've ever known to accomplish such an erm.. Accolade?
    He was proper torn up by it, and seem genuinely depressed.
    Which only added to the humour he is genuinely thick a punch. 25 years old, pot washer/ice cream mong.

Anybody else heard of anyone who should be on this roll of honour?

It genuinely cheers me up knowing that these sort of people exist and think they should form their own militia.
  2. They were known as the pioneer corps.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Are they the ones who won the cold war?
  4. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

5. All C/Sgt's were huge, they must have manufactured them somewhere. 'Big Jud' was huge and I'm tall. I can only recall one who was of average height.
  6. CanteenCowboy

Maybe we were just small, however I do remember seeing a HUGE RM CSgt with hands/fists which appeared to be the same size as his head......
  7. Bobo must have been about 20 stone at least. I followed him to castle wray for some toss it off weekend. Bobo took a young private as a passenger just to pass him beers and I drove behind him. A can was chucked out of his car window at about ten minute intervals. He'd done a full slab by the time we'd got to the campsite. Sober as a judge when we got there, slept soundly after two to three slabs.
  8. CanteenCowboy

During my joining process, back in the misty past, I had to attend the ACIO for something; travel warrant or something. Witnessed a fully trained civvy chef being told he wasn't good enough to go into the ACC. I knew I was in the presence of a mong of legendary status, if he couldn't be trusted by the Army to do the job he was already doing in civvy street, and yes the nasty CSgt from A&SH did offer him the Pioneer Corps...............

9. saw something similar happen at an ACIO.
    bloke i weant to join up with was a fully qualified, time served auto sparky. was told he could become a VE in REME due to his colourblindness. didn't stop him in civvy street.
  10. i remember going for the paper test to get the "three books" and i was absolutely cacking it i didn't even wanna look at anybody especially not the "9" S/Sgt..well everyone takes their seats and there's this gobby cunt with a flight jacket on(cadet i'm sure) Sgt stripes sewn on it, wings, x rifles and more every cunt seemed to know him chopsin off while i was concentrating on the 4 questions i could see already to give me a head start...well when they came round with the coloured folders he got nothing told to come back in 6 months and promptly burst into tears in front of all of was fucking hard supressing that guffaw!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bloke serving here is adamant he got 14 on his BARD test. I personally think he's exaggerating. (This is the same guy that after a bit of a lovers tiff with his room mate trashed a bed, bedside table and lobbed all personal effects everywhere. Where he asked why he had trashed his own bed space he replied; "I didn't think that through did I!" :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. You seem to be missing the obvious here, a fully trained chef would never be allowed anywhere near the ACC.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Doesn't that mean that he has cancer?
  14. Maybe he had a really, really small head?
  15. sounds like a bootie PTI then, clubs