Barb Test + literacy and numeracy tests

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Thuggerz, Sep 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, just thought i'd mention that when you go for your barb test you will also take literacy and numeracy tests which i wasnt told about. It was basic stuff and i was told i got above average, so if i can do it anyone can.

2. i didnt have to take literacy and numeracy tests, although i had the relevant GCSE's. Im assuming if you dont have them they make u prove it
  3. I have good GCSE grades and A-levels and still had to do the literacy and numeracy tests. maybe it has been bought in last 6 months?
  4. No its been going on for over two years now but the Recruiting world is deciding on if its best to do it at the ACIO or at phase 1. Over the last 18 months its been getting passed from ACIO to Phase 1 to find out who is best to do it, so some people would of not done it at the ACIO. It will be done at either one because of the low standard of writing and numeracy given at schools now a days. I went on a Recruiters convention a while back and was appalled at some of the writing standards coming out of schools where some of the students had got A-D's (you couldn't understand what they had written)