BARB Test Day

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by tartanlad93, Nov 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

Ive got my BARB test next tuesday and was wondering.

Should i know the history and all that other stuff of the regiment I would like to join or does that come in a later interview?

Any help appreciated. Cheers :D

2. That comes in your interviews later, youll be told today id imagine. You might have to practice your icebreaker as well.

3. Yeah i was told just forgot :lol: :( Worried about my icebreaker too as i dunno what to say :lol:

4. Name age hometown why your joining the army why your joining your reg/corps etc.
    You will be sh1tting it till you get up and speak then it is't so bad and in my experience it's best to get be one of the first as you get may more worked up the longer your waiting but dont worry everyone is in the same boat feeling the same nerves.

5. Cheers mate :lol: Long way away from that stage anyway. Done the BARB booklet and seems like a piece of p*ss so thats ok. Do you need to do any form of Icebreaker in the Recruiting Office?

6. In your interviews your recruiter will ask if you've been preparing your icebreaker, if you have, he'll request an example.

7. i just did mine. you have warm booklet its just like that . its more just common sense about getthing the right answers quickly. the hardest one i found was the ending ones on reflection. But its not that bad just dont rush and answer them all. gd luck! xx

8. Got 57 so it was ok I guess :D