BARB formal?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kingcal91, Jan 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i am planning on going to the BARB test in trousers and shoes anyway but is the BARB a full shirt and tie job?
  2. Having done a BARB , when i previously applied.

Nope , just normal clothes... jeans etc... informal

Hope this answers your query

Syn :)
  3. Nar mate. I went in jeans and jacket, just aslong as you look smart. Everything else i would imagine shirt and tie job, like ADSC and interviews etc.
  4. I wouldn't worry about shirt and tie. Just go smart/casual. I went in jeans and shirt and was told even that was a bit too smart.
    Obviousy don't turn up in trackys just be clean and have a good attitude and you'll be fine.
  5. Remember every time you go to the office you are applying for a job.

Smart casual is good
  6. well every time i have been to the office so far i have done the shoes, trousers and a polo-shirt or t-shirt
  7. Every single time I have been in the presence of a member of HM Forces while applying for this job, apart from the time on selection in trackie bottoms, I have had black shoes, black trousers, shirt and tie.

Impressions count, make the most of them.
  8. Im went in my boots uniform cause it was streight after work, i;l have to got for my basic skills in that too