Barack W. Obama

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by alib, Aug 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From The American Conservative
    The bit on Russia is perceptive as to the causes of DC's misreadings of the awakening Bear.

Bush with his reckless first term had greatly constrained DC's foreign policy options and was actually beginning to do a fair job of damage limitation in his last couple of years. The real differences are in tone and Barry does excel at speechifying and spin is important in politics.

You could also accuse Barry of staging a re-run of Bill's first term domestically while unlike Clinton maintaining Bush's bender of fiscal irresponsibility. The health care farce is even more embarrassing for its poverty of ambition. Enraging state dependent seniors by floating the very idea of trying to trim ballooning Medicare costs was one of Dubya's pratfalls as well.

We now have a donnish coffee colored chap rather than a swaggering fake cowboy in the white house and this confuses some identity obsessed folks but in a lot of ways this is Bush's third term. The lack of change we can believe in is indeed startling.

2. It's not just what was mentioned in the article - Barry announced a proposal for dealing with the Mexican illegal immigration problem that was almost identical to Bush's late-term proposal. This plan went overnight from being "Raaaaycist and evil" to "brilliant". That's the postmodernist excuse-for-thought at work, I suppose...

3. He has been somewhat distracted by having to deal with the $8Trillion debt consequences of his predecessor's term.

4. Booty...get the facts straight, Bush did not run up an $8 trillion debt...it was more like $1 tri...Obama has run up more than $2 tri in 8 months...it appears you can't be bothered with the truth.

5. What? BO's budget and congress's spending like a drunken salior since BO took office has exceed all the deficit spending from Bush's 8 years...look it up before you start spouting kak. That doesn't include the added cost of health whatever reform.

6. If you read carefully, I did not say Bush ran up the debt, but the causes of it most definitely happened on his watch. It is a distraction Obama has had to deal with from day one of his Presidency. Bush started his Presidency with a surplus.

7. But it appears Obama has made a bad situation worse.

I remain to be convinced that the Chosen One is anything more than Tony Blair with a suntan. :roll:

8. I would say Clinton disabling the Bear Stears watch on finace did the damage?
    As here with the useless FSA?

9. Too true--don't forget his troops as well-Americorps, ACORN and SEIU. This is an example:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77052

10. At the end of the day at least the septics treat their soldiers with respect.

11. If you want to understand why so many Americans have gone so mind-blowingly off the rails with regards to Obama, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEBvyFh8aEw&feature=related

This man has a prime-time show on the most popular US cable news network. He is also a paranoid-delusional lunatic.

12. Given the number, scope and tempo of Osama's--sorry--Obama's administration aided and abetted by his fellow travelers in Congress and a media that continues to be mesmerized into total complicity, I would have to differ with your assertion of a Bush third term.

Given his repeated gaffs when his teleprompter fails him, I am persuaded that he is but a front man for others who are much more capable and Machiavellian. Indeed, if you take him at his own word (judge him by whom he surrounds himself), his coterie of unrepentant yet much more sophisticated 60's anarchists and revolutionaries, black liberation theologians, fascists and neo-eugenics progressives, funded by the likes of the Tides Foundation and George Soros, even a dumb leatherneck like me can see what is coming.

13. Just over two trillion I beleave. Obama is on a course to add nine trillion and he will surpass Bush in total amount of debt sometime before spring arrives.

14. Oh please. Don't try telling us that the bible-bashing, war-dodging half-wit would have done a better job of hauling the US out of recession or that he would have managed to do it any cheaper.

jumpinjarhead

At least Obama is sufficiently intelligent to have his own mind. Bush was the dumb front man for the trully Machiavellian gang of Cheney, Rumsfeld and Co.

Every time Bush spoke, it was like a teleprompter gaff:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?"

"They misunderestimated me."

Well actually, George, they didn't .

15. I do not have an especially high opinion of Bush but please provide facts to support your contention. I do not believe you can since Osama-er Obama will not produce much of anything about his personal life. If you respond by merely citing his attendance at Hahvahd, we need to start another thread on affirmative action in higher education.

While we can continue to discuss Bush etc., I think it is time we separate that discussion from the here and now and the future in terms of rationally evaluating Osama, darn it, Obama on his own "merits." It is interesting that so many progressives (I am not saying this includes you) continue to use ad hominem attacks, diversion and obfuscation when the matter of Osama, geez, Obama's bona fides are concerned.

If you still want to focus on Bush's gaffes, let's balance the perpsective with but a few of Barry's:

• Marking the anniversary of the March 1965 "Bloody Sunday" in Selma, Ala., Obama, speaking at a church, said his parents got together "because of what happened in Selma." Obama was born in 1961.

• Obama told Larry King on CNN -- asked about that anti-Hillary Rodham Clinton YouTube ad, a doctored version of a spot created for Apple computers -- "We don't have the technical capacity to create something like that."

And who can forget this gem from May 2007?:

(AP) Barack Obama, caught up in the fervor of a campaign speech Tuesday, drastically overstated the Kansas tornadoes death toll, saying 10,000 had died.

The death toll was 11.

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died - an entire town destroyed," the Democratic presidential candidate said in a speech to 500 people packed into a sweltering Richmond art studio for a fundraiser.

Obama mentioned the disaster in Greensburg, Kan., in saying he had been told by the office of Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius that the state's National Guard had been depleted by its commitment to the Iraq War.

"Turns out that the National Guard in Kansas only had 40 percent of its equipment and they are having to slow down the recovery process in Kansas," Obama said, his shirt sleeves rolled up and his head glistening with sweat.

As the Illinois senator concluded his remarks a few minutes later, he appeared to realize his gaffe.

"There are going to be times when I get tired," he said. "There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes."

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said later that the senator meant to say "at least 10," instead of 10,000.

He also redrew the map of the United States:
    “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United
    States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”

If instead you want to look at his associates as you mention those of Bush:

Last week, the "conservative mouthpiece" :D New York Times reports that Hassan Nemazzee, an Iranian-American businessman and sympathizer of Iranian regime who raised $500,000 for Obama campaign was arrested today. Here is an excerpt:

"A prominent Democratic party fund-raiser for Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton was arrested in Manhattan on Tuesday on charges that he lied about his assets to obtain a $74 million loan from Citibank, the United States Attorney’s office said.The fund-raiser, Hassan Nemazee, 59, had been a national finance chairman for Mrs. Clinton’s presidential c last August."

Also, we learned that Obama was playing golf with his good buddy, Robert Wolf, president of UBS Investment bank. UBS is famous for it's banking secrecy laws, allowing people to squirrel money away in untraceable “numbered accounts.” Secret Swiss bank accounts have become a favorite way for wealthy people in the U.S. to dodge taxes!!! Obama spent five hours golfing with this guy who happens to be his early financial backer of Obama’s presidential campaign, raised $250,000 for him back in 2006, and in February was appointed by the president to the White House’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board!!

Of course there ar emany others but I still think it would be more useful to actually evaluate Osama--grr-Obama's actual performance and as he himself has invited us to do if we are to know him, examine those he has surrounded himself with in government and as "advisers."