Barack Obamas treatment of Gordon Brown and the UK

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Lipo, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Greetings everyone. It's been awhile since I last posted.

I just wanted to drop in to make one point.

I sincerely apologize for the treatment of Gordon Brown and the United Kingdom, by President Barack Obama. I am excruciatingly embarrassed.

Know that legions of Americans are profoundly aghast at President Obama's behavior and intend to hold him personally responsible.

I am sorry.

I plead with with all the brave men and women in the British Army to hold fast to the special relationship between our two countries.

God Save the Queen,

Lipo

2. Yes, i'm pretty upset Mr.Obama didn't have Brown shot aswell. :(

3. Couldn't agree more. The Senate should have booed him instead of filling it with interns. Obama should have just spent the whole day with the boy scouts...

4. Dont worry mate, the spin doctors are already saying how great Brown has done over there and how him and obama love each other.

I am also pissed that he didnt have Brown shot.

5. Don't worry about it, I personally found it highly amusing and a good indicator of what Brown deserves.

I only like to wind Americans up when I think they deserve it and I don't think you do so I'll be truthful, Brown is an embarrasment to us as a country, he is not a statesman, does not represent the wishes of the majority (which is why he won't call an election) and the sooner he dies / retires, the better. Obama treating him like a nobody put a huge smile on my face. I don't see it as an insult to the country, just a well deserved insult to Brown.

P1ss taking aside, Brits and Yanks will always be, in general, mates. Politicians have fcuk all to do with it.

6. Why? What did he do to dear GB?

7. Not sure what the apology is for? Obama snubbing an unelected Head of State who has poked a wagging finger in America's direction and implied he's the only one that can save the World?

He's lucky he wasn't met by a hail of shoes in Congress.

No problems with the treatment here, and it may give Brown a valuable reality check.

Hutton for PM!!!

8. In the time it took me to type my last post, three others appeared with the same message :)

I think you get the drift ;)

9. Unfortunately it is unreasonable to expect Obama to be that helpful.

However, given the precedent of the NatWest 3 the Americans could arrest Gordon for his part in various financial irregularities.

10. Congress should have given him a standing slow handclap…

F*ck Broone and the one eyed unelected scottish horse he rode into town on.

Serious… How the f*ck did we end up with someone who can't even drive a f*cking car running the country. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

11. Giving the British PM 27 DVD's is really a Tasteless thing to do though. I understand PM Brown isnt Very Popular with many of you, but Obama could have tactfully given a more tasteful gift, seeing as it represents the wishes of the US to the UK. This is something almost Chav like in it's Cheesy-ness.

12. Barack Obama treated him much better than I would have done!

He got 30 minutes with Mr President, he wouldnt have got 2 seconds with me apart from telling him what a CNUT I think the grubby snot eating son of the manse is.

The most embarrassing thing about our PM is he cant even dress himself properly, turning up with his trousers tucked into his socks!

The pity is that you allowed him to return to this formerly great Kingdom.

13. Obama is back over in blighty in a couple of weeks. No doubt the british press will be falling over themselves to get some sound bites and Obama will be fully briefed to tone UP the relationship rhetoric a notch or two during those moments.

14. Er, Pongo, we only have one unelected head of state, and I don't think she's been on a trip to the US :D