Barack Obamas grandfather tortured by British

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by pimpernel, Dec 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Barack Obama's grandfather 'tortured by British'
    Barack Obama’s grandfather was imprisoned and tortured by the British during the violent struggle for Kenyan independence, the Kenyan family of the US President-elect has claimed.

How is this going to affect the US and UK alliance when Barack takes office, have we any need to be concerned?
  2. I don't think the US exactly has the moral high-ground about other people torturing insurgents.
  3. Bearing in mind that he will at times in his new role find himself in close and continued proximity to David Milliband, he may concede that his gandpa got off lightly?

I now eagerly await the production of the proof that in fact his grandfather was not "tortured" by the British for his "political beliefs" but was in fact fined ten bob by the local DM for riding a bike without lights and given time to pay.
  4. and the point of this 'one sided' story being printed at this particular what precisely?

Makes me think that people deserve the press they have?
  5. Didn't the British soldiers rape a load of Kenyans? Oh no wait a minute that story turned out to be bollocks as well.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's nothing - the Kennedy ancestors ran away during the potato famine, and howwible things being done to their kith and kin.

I 'spose it's a good thing that the Obamas got to the USA as late as they did . . . . . or they would have been in the cotton fields as slaves!!!!
  7. Thats us knackered again, as to the Kennedy clan they were Noraid meddlers, so what will Obama do to make up for his violated relatives!
  8. Ah, but did he mention whether he enjoyed it or not?
  9. Don't look at me. I voted for John McCain the Republican. :wink: :twisted:
    I have no sympathy with anything that might or might not have happened to NObama's paternal grandfather during the time when Kenya was a British colony. :roll: If he is stupid enough to mention these allegations to your government based upon his paternal grandmother's memories(?) then it will confirm the opinion I had of him all long that he is an empty suit and doesn't deserve to sit in the Oval Office as president. :evil: (I still don't think he deserves to be president, but "the people have spoken"...) :roll: :x
  10. yea shit prepare for nuclear war :lol: ....umm no? :?
  11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

tand by for a BAD four years as Obama and Hillary serially give away the Western position on almost everything. Iran will run rings round them.
  12. In 1949 the Mau Mau were peaking, although it wasn´t until 1952 that a state of emergency was called.

"The first Mau-Mau operations, in 1949, were directed against the Africans who collaborated with the Colony, the so-called loyalists. Deaths were brutal, showing the typical mutilations of ritual slaughters. Violence grew next year, mainly in the Kikuyu, Embu and Meru regions. Attacks to farms were performed mostly around Mount Kenya and Aberdares, the two demarcations were the Mau-Mau had their headquarters. Meanwhile, in Nairobi, the sympathizers gathered funds, ammunition and information for the guerrilla."

"As a move to a higher level of resistance, Koinange masterminded a secret service, later to be known as Mau Mau (an oath-taking organisation that would be foolproof to government informers and one that would demand 100% loyalty).

The Mau Mau commandments included: "I shall never sell land to a European or an Asian; I shall not permit intermarriage between Africans and the whites; I shall never help the missionaries in their Christian faith to ruin our traditional and cultural customs; If I am called, during day or night, to do work for this society, I shall obey".

By 1949, the Mau Mau had become quite deadly, killing settler-farmers left, right and centre. On 14 October 1952, the secretary of state declared a state of emergency. At midnight on 20 October, Chief Koinange, Jomo Kenyatta and other Kikuyu leaders, suspected of masterminding the uprising, were arrested."

The founder of the Mau Mau could trace similar groups back to the 1920´s.

Granma, says that Loyal Kenyans were ordered by Whites to torture Granpa, who was loyal to the Brits up till that point. Yet, at the time loyal kenyans were targeted by the Mau Mau.
  13. The keyan people at that time were not very nice to the British Soldiers because my father had pale white skin ,blond hair and blue eyes they used to spit at him and call him a white bastard .
  14. Stand by for a groveling apology from Broon and his cronies