• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Barack Obama

#1
Barack Obama today as part of his speech in Strasburg on sky news live, said, if i am mistaken, " Europe needs to stand up to the plate in Afghanistan and not expect the US to shoulder the burden on its own"...No mention of its allies, the UK :x
 
#6
It's a waste of time engaging with the Septics in any meaningful way. They won WereWarOne all by themselves; they won WereWarTwo all by themselves, and the Kareeyan War too.

Leave 'em to it! Isolate them and let them carry on as the wänkers they are! They're living in the past and Obama is just carrying on a sad tradition.

MsG
 
#9
PartTimePongo said:
Dry your tears Princess , he meant one country in particular.
Yes I am sure he was! FRANCE! However my point still stands that he generalised and excluded those that do stand upto the plate....He also made a few other errors in his speech but i will leave that as I do not want to distract from my initial point.
 
#11
Count.Dracule said:
Barack Obama today as part of his speech in Strasburg on sky news live, said, if i am mistaken, " Europe needs to stand up to the plate in Afghanistan and not expect the US to shoulder the burden on its own"...No mention of its allies, the UK :x
What do you expect from a political lightweight who's CV shows only 139 days in the Senate doling actual work before he landed this White House gig. :roll: :cyclopsani:







I did not drink the Kool-Aid and vote for this a$$hole so I don't associate myself with any dribble that comes from his mouth. :evil: I personally like the Brits and I think they're doing a great job in Asscrackistan and Iraq. :wink: :p

Wouldn't hurt the Froggies and the Hermans to step up their troop manning levels a little though.

 
#12
Bugsy said:
It's a waste of time engaging with the Septics in any meaningful way. They won WereWarOne all by themselves; they won WereWarTwo all by themselves, and the Kareeyan War too.

Leave 'em to it! Isolate them and let them carry on as the wänkers they are! They're living in the past and Obama is just carrying on a sad tradition.MsG

2 Words- Irish Republicamism
 
#13
Count.Dracule said:
Barack Obama today as part of his speech in Strasburg on sky news live, said, if i am mistaken, " Europe needs to stand up to the plate in Afghanistan and not expect the US to shoulder the burden on its own"...No mention of its allies, the UK :x
Because he doesnt get "it", he is a Lightweight. Those of us who have served understand the need for the Allies and what they have done already.
 
#14
Goldbricker said:
Bugsy said:
It's a waste of time engaging with the Septics in any meaningful way. They won WereWarOne all by themselves; they won WereWarTwo all by themselves, and the Kareeyan War too.

Leave 'em to it! Isolate them and let them carry on as the wänkers they are! They're living in the past and Obama is just carrying on a sad tradition.MsG

2 Words- Irish Republicamism
Well,that's novel, Gildbrocker! How did you manage the jump from Obama to Irish *cough* Republicamism. And what exactly is "republicamism"? Is it leaping chasms on motorbikes? How is it about to bridge the gap and salvage Capitalism in the Republic and thus the world?

You might be onto a world-beater here, mucker! :D :D :D

MsG
 
#15
Oh, so you lot on the Outrage Bus are happy to identify yourselves as Europeans now?

Get a grip. The people concerned know who he was speaking to and it wasn't us.
 
#16
Hakagure said:
Someone should have stood up and asked him to name a war that America has won on its own without the word "civil" in it.
That little one between 1775 and 1783? The revolutionary war I believe it was called?
 
#18
ghost_us said:
Hakagure said:
Someone should have stood up and asked him to name a war that America has won on its own without the word "civil" in it.
That little one between 1775 and 1783? The revolutionary war I believe it was called?
What? the one where British subjects were fighting against British subjects? And the French piled in on the side of the turncoats? The US didn't exist at that point so it couldn't have been the "US" against anybody. You were lead by an ex British Officer that joined your side. Personally I agree with him and the reasons and would have done the same myself, but it was still a civil war.

I think you will find that by any definition, it was a Civil War.

Imagine Hawaii fighting for independance and winning, same thing.
 
#19
ghost_us said:
Hakagure said:
Someone should have stood up and asked him to name a war that America has won on its own without the word "civil" in it.
That little one between 1775 and 1783? The revolutionary war I believe it was called?
I think we got a little help from the Frogs and Krauts on that one ;-) And to be honest we were still british subjects, rebellious subjects but british none the less.
 
#20
Aunty Stella said:
ghost_us said:
Hakagure said:
Someone should have stood up and asked him to name a war that America has won on its own without the word "civil" in it.
That little one between 1775 and 1783? The revolutionary war I believe it was called?
What? the one where British subjects were fighting against British subjects? And the French piled in on the side of the turncoats? The US didn't exist at that point so it couldn't have been the "US" against anybody. You were lead by an ex British Officer that joined your side. Personally I agree with him and the reasons and would have done the same myself, but it was still a civil war.

I think you will find that by any definition, it was a Civil War.

Imagine Hawaii fighting for independance and winning, same thing.
Ok, we'll skip that one and have a go at these:

Franco-American Naval War 1798-1800
Barbary Wars 1801-1805; 1815
War of 1812 um, 1812?
Creek War 1813-1814
War of Texas Independence 1836
Mexican War 1846-1848
Spanish-American War 1898

I'm sure Obama would have gotten at least one of those.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts