Barack Obama pledges 10,000 more troops for Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jul 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Continues here.. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/2301628/Barack-Obama-pledges-10,000-more-troops-for-Afghanistan.html

2. Seems to me that the Iranians, seeing which way the wind is blowing in Iraq, have turned their attention to Afghanistan. Once we "surge" in Astan, the situation will deteriorate in Iraq forcing us to "resurge" there again.

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I was going to make a joke along the lines of '10,000 U.S. soldiers or Jihadi's to fight the coalition' (relevant since the recent publication of this pic [​IMG] . ) But I won't .

4. Despicable cover.

However.

The artist does catch and put on paper the exact expression on Mrs Obama's face when she 'dapped' her husband.

Attached Files:

5. I am sure the US Military are absolutely thrilled that he has come up with this plan without consulting them at all and prior to his visit to either country. It must fill them full of confidence for the future.

6. Only last year he was making big vote me in waves regards pulling troops out. Is he Tony 180 in disguise? "Tony you require just double top". But.... "Oooone huuuundred and eiiiighty".

7. Well, Obama was saying that about Iraq, not Afghanistan. He's been consistent in that sense

8. Yes, Obama is consistently inconsistant. He is also niggardly with facts and figures.

9. Ahha, so that 10,000 before he makes his unanounced surprise visit with the whole washington press corps along for his secret trip. That, Sir, is not only milking the cow its giving it a full on blow job. sex education for teenageers next then Barry?

Synic, me? Nahhhh

10. And how many of this number will be British troops?????????????

13. And of course he's only a senator. The yanks may elect him president or not. It's their Tony Blair moment. The world may think he's the mutts nuts but, he'll fcuk up.

14. The only saving grace in November will be that I can "write in" a candidates name.

I was thinking of writing "None of the Above."

Any other suggestions?