Bar Mines stolen from munitions train

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ExAT_69A_Chepstow, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reporting errors aside, how the **** do bar mines get stolen?

Also, if this isn't terrorism related, what is it??

2. Opportunist theft apparently. It seems the train was stopped due to a fatality further down the line. Mind you, lucky day for some ******

3. Done already.

4. I imagine they were hanging round a rail terminal looking for something to steal (likely cable theft being the plan is so far as there was one) and saw something locked and thought it'd be valuable. Unlikely to have been that much pre-planning as they dumped most of them trackside presumably while they went to get a vehicle or because they decided they weren't much use to them.

Probably nicked by opportunist pikeys with limited understanding of what barmines are and no plan to use them. The scum would probably happily sell them to those who would do us harm though.

5. With a bit of luck they might do themselves a serious and lasting damage if they fcuk about with them.

6. I wish!!
    I'm working for Notwork Fail and the amount cable thefts cost us beggars belief!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.